BIG BEAR 03-Nov-17
jerrynocam 03-Nov-17
northbound 03-Nov-17
ground hunter 05-Nov-17
outdoorsman505 08-Nov-17
Bows the way 08-Nov-17
happygolucky 08-Nov-17
28-Oct-17
I know the young bucks are starting to chase around a little bit! But I’m waiting for the majic first week of nov!! Anyone seeing any big bucks messing with does yet?

29-Oct-17
Nope I've noticed my big doe groups getting broken up though should be getting close. I've seen does with yearlings on their side still.

30-Oct-17
We witnessed no chasing up near Esky last weekend. Loads of does and fawns still traveling together. My son and I only saw 3 immature bucks (2 spikes and a fork) and they were not bothering the does. We have squat for decent bucks on camera. A decent one or two usually shows in the next couple of weeks. We have way too many does on my small parcel.

31-Oct-17
I've got way to many what a waste half wont make it through winter. God help us if they push for apr's. It's what 2 more years before does might be back on the table.

31-Oct-17
I hear ya Bows the way. Unfortunately, my family eats 2 deer a year at the very most so we can't do much damage on the does on our land. I have a friend and his son coming but most of my friends are non-residents and the tags are $$$ for them.

On Sunday afternoon, I saw 10 deer (no head gear) and my son, who was less than 400 yards away, saw 11 deer (1 spike and 1 fork). We are certain we shared no common deer via the directions they came in and left. My son will shoot a doe next weekend if he gets a good shot. He held off this weekend, our 1st in the woods this year, hoping for a shooter buck.

31-Oct-17

Bows the way's embedded Photo
Bows the way's embedded Photo
One of three all similar one is a 6.

01-Nov-17

tommygun's embedded Photo
Bucks where running yesterday searching in cass county. But also saw a large group of does with no bucks around. Shot this one alone with a spike

01-Nov-17
Awesome tommygun!

01-Nov-17
Congrats nice buck

01-Nov-17
That's a dandy !! Way to go !!!

01-Nov-17

Had history with him this year. He disappeared since August but had shown on camera last couple days. My first year attempting a food plot. Not saying the food part worked but has been a nice “meeting place” and they loved putting down scrapes around it

01-Nov-17

02-Nov-17
Nice one. There starting to get a little frisky. I had a little spike horn chase every doe around me last night.

03-Nov-17

BIG BEAR's embedded Photo
BIG BEAR's embedded Photo
I always know the rut is kicking in when bucks start getting hit by cars every day.

03-Nov-17

jerrynocam's embedded Photo
jerrynocam's embedded Photo
Here’s one at my mock scrap.

03-Nov-17

northbound's embedded Photo
northbound's embedded Photo
So what about you upper Michigan guys? Seeing any action? I was up last weekend and didn't see a single rub/scrape not a buck on cam. Both my spots hold a ridiculous number of does but buck sighting only happen with hot does. I'm tagged out for bow season in Wisconsin so very anxious to get back up north.

05-Nov-17
since I can not hunt this fall due to surgery, I keep in touch with all my buds,,,, I can report that in western Iron Co, lots of spikes, and a few 6 pointers and one really big 10 has been seen, plus a lot of does......

My friends report a lot of chaseing this week, and going to be a good week,,,, snow in the woods, looks like nice weather ahead....

Bears are still in the bait piles

08-Nov-17
northbound - I have property in Upper MI and have had a few bucks on our property. Lots of deer by us in Marquette County this year. Hoping to be a good year at least seeing deer. Seems bucks are moving and chasing near us right now.

08-Nov-17
Currrntly from a undisclosed location in the UP lots of does seen with no chasing one small buck with them and no intrest. Did hear two bucks fight it this morning but they parted ways and neither came through the marsh. We have caught several big boys up on their feet just after dusk.

08-Nov-17
In Delta County, I too am seeing squat for decent bucks on camera. We have WAY too many does and fawns on my landscape. Last weekend, my son had a spike chasing a doe and a very small fork chasing a doe fawn. We have plenty of those immature bucks. We're heading up again Thu pm. I'm hoping something decent shows up after some of our does.

Nice buck northbound!

• Sitka Gear