Little Bear 30-Oct-17
pawpaw 30-Oct-17
Turk 30-Oct-17
wv_bowhunter 30-Oct-17
Ron Miller 31-Oct-17
sundaynwv 31-Oct-17
Turk 31-Oct-17
30-Oct-17
Would universal class N tags simplify regulations? For example a high deer population county might have six class N tags. A low deer population county might have two class N tags. The Monongahela National Forest might be exempt from Class N tags.

If a hunter wants to fill his class N tags with a bow he or she may. If they want to use a gun or muzzleloader hat is ok too. This eliminates a Bowhunter buying a $21 tag to eRn a buck but a gun hunter buying a $11 tag.

Thoughts?

30-Oct-17
Any weapon can be used on an N tag now. I asked again at the last Commission meeting for consideration in allowing N tags to be used anytime during the archery season. I've put this before the Commission many times hopefully the biologist are considering this. If there is a biological reason not too I haven't been informed of it yet.

30-Oct-17
Maybe to clarify, if a hunter wants to use his CLASS N tags during bow season he can. If a hunter wants to fill his class N tags with a muzzleloader during muzzleloader season he can. If a hunter wants to kill all of them with a gun during gun season he can.

Many things have come up before the commission numerous times.

30-Oct-17
Here is the deal. If any of what you are proposing will reduce in any way the money that is collected for these tags it will not happen. The biology doesnt really matter.

30-Oct-17
So why does the DNR drop class N limits per county on a year to year basis? Low kill=drop doe tags for next year. High kill=more doe tags next year.

Proposing to do the same thing reduces the money the DNR collects yearly and we still do the same thing. Lol

30-Oct-17
I realize sundaynwv is trying to clarify his proposal/question but others may not follow that. So to clarify, the above clarification which can be misinterpreted by someone reading this thread instead of the regulations. A hunter CANNOT use the N tag during archery season. Class N can only be used during antlerless season dates. The fact that archery season overlaps all other season dates doesn't mean you can put an N tag on a doe anytime during the archery season, there must be an antlerless season open (Oct. 26-28, Nov. 20-Dec. 2, Dec. 14-16, Dec. 28-31; see page 2 and 14-19 for county specific bag limits) if using an N tag. A bowhunter can substitute the bow for a gun in any of those seasons and wear the required blaze orange while hunting.

30-Oct-17
I like the idea of using class N tags during any season.

30-Oct-17
I've been saying this for years! There needs to be "Doe" stamps use them In whatever season that you like. Charge whatever is needed to make it cost effective.

Why do things have to be so complicated?

30-Oct-17
I really like that idea too.

31-Oct-17
I been saying that for years , it’s fell on Deaf ears !

31-Oct-17
Ron,

I think we currently have a better environment for listening. Times are changing. Sportsmen are aware of issues more than ever.

31-Oct-17
I agree, I think this is something that can be done with enough of a push.

• Sitka Gear