David Mitchell 01-Nov-17
Babysaph 01-Nov-17
Longbeard 01-Nov-17
WVBOWHUNTER 01-Nov-17
gobbler 01-Nov-17
hookman 01-Nov-17
pawpaw 02-Nov-17
01-Nov-17
Do any of you have one? I have to buy another one so I am taking recommendations.

01-Nov-17
Yeah, I keep one of those "cheap" Allen Co. (Academy) blinds in my pack all the time. I hadn't thought about it, but I've used that thing a lot over the years. Wouldn't be without one. It makes for a decent turkey blind in some situartions too.

01-Nov-17
Mine is old so I'm not even sure what brand it is, but it's saved my hide more than once!

01-Nov-17
I have made one out of a regular compact umbrella by breaking off one of the ribs so it fits against the tree trunk better, put a small brad or nail in the handle to press into the bark and bungee it around the tree. The bungee cord just wraps around it in my pack. Not as big as the commercial one I got years ago (can't recall the brand) but works fine and doesn't take up nearly as much space.

01-Nov-17
I used to use one. I find myself going back to the cabin when it rains. LOL. I guess I am getting old and don't have the drive I used to. I hate tracking deer in the rain.

01-Nov-17
JR, I'm a lot like you at this point, but I can't put a cabin on my lease and it's an hour from home so sometimes I just have to suck it up.

01-Nov-17
I use an Allen umbrella. Serves multiple purposes other than rain. I also use mine if it is not raining to block the sun if the sun is bright and shining on you and can also serve as cover in the tree stand as well as a small ground blind to.

01-Nov-17
I’ve used them multiple times in the past but I’m like JR now, if it’s raining hard enough to use it I’m heading back to cabin:^)

01-Nov-17
Have had one for many years, have used it many times.

02-Nov-17
I ended up buying a field and stream. It is the same as the Allen. It is pretty much like the one I had before but the bracket seems to be much better than the old one I had. I am off until the 21st and it appears there is a lot of rain forecasted so I thought I needed to be prepared.

• Sitka Gear