Bryan 02-Nov-17
Dusktildawn 02-Nov-17
Jesd54 02-Nov-17
Dusktildawn 02-Nov-17
Jesd54 02-Nov-17
Dusktildawn 03-Nov-17
Franzen 03-Nov-17
02-Nov-17
This is my first year hunting and I currently live in an apartment, I was wondering what options I have for butchering any deer I might get. Thanks for any help.

02-Nov-17
As long as you have a place to skin and quarter it the butchering could probably be done in the kitchen. Maybe take some time to skin and quarter it in the field if possible.

02-Nov-17
Either quarter or debone it in the woods or take to a butcher depending on how much you want to spend.

02-Nov-17
If I quarter it do I have to pack out the carcass as well the wording in the hunting digest seem to say I do.

02-Nov-17
Keep tags and proof of sex with you until you get home shouldn't be a problem.

02-Nov-17
Thanks! Next question. What is some good public land hunting etiquette how can I least disturb other hunters hunt

03-Nov-17
Get to your spots early(if possible) if doing an afternoon hunt and you are walking to your spot and see another hunter quietly back out and head to another spot. Common courtesy goes a long way. Some public spots get crowded while others are wide open. Best of luck. The best hunting is still coming.

03-Nov-17
The first rule with public land etiquette is to read the site rules and follow them. That is the worst issue I commonly see.

After that, it's kind of up to you. I know I tend to treat kids and newbies with a little more understanding.

• Sitka Gear