JayD 04-Mar-19
hoppies56 04-Mar-19
Bkbowhunter 02-Apr-19
JayD 02-Apr-19
Babysaph 02-Apr-19
gobbler 02-Apr-19
Babysaph 02-Apr-19
06-Nov-17
Anyone else use one of these instead of a tree stand? I like the mobility of them.

08-Nov-17
Don't look very comfy for a long sit.

08-Nov-17
Heck no that thing would scare me to death. I like my ladder stands. I brush them in an use a ghillie suit and can dance a jig and the deer don't see me. LOL

08-Nov-17
Actually they are quite comfortable. I still like to use a treestand around home - but anywhere else the treesaddle is my preferred choice. Light weight and don't have to worry about anyone stealing it. Well actually found a hotspot here not too far out from the house and using the treesaddle.

09-Nov-17
I tried one several years ago, but couldn't get comfortable for long (for me) sits. I also found I seemed to move around more than I do in a normal tree stand.

09-Nov-17
I guess I got lucky with mine - it fits just right - I have fallen asleep using mine quite a few times. JB - the song “ Just a Swingin” came to my mind readin your post! LOL

12-Nov-17
I have shot lots of deer using a tree saddle and feel it is a lot safer than any other stand.

12-Nov-17
Can you post a photo of it?

13-Nov-17
Thanks for posting a pic - i just signed on to do so myself!

13-Nov-17
Thanks

14-Nov-17
I looked at those when they first came out years ago. I figured I could stay comfortable about 10 minutes.

14-Nov-17
Just looking at them makes me think it would wear my back out if sitting very long? I like being able to lean against the tree.

Does it actually come up far enough to give some support?

What are you using to climb with? Sticks, steps?

14-Nov-17
It does come up your back for good support and it is comfortable. I use climbing sticks to climb but use screws around the tree for standing. You also need good knee pads since you will be resting with your knees on the trunk. This system allows me to sleep safely, shoot with better body position without any obstructions from a platform, and hunt the right tree.

14-Nov-17
Looks nice but it’s not for me.

15-Nov-17

JayD's embedded Photo
JayD's embedded Photo
I? just sold my trophyline treesaddle and got the Aero Hunter Evolution - I like it just a tad more than the trophyline. Seems like it is a better fit and a tad easier to use.

18-Nov-17
I? climb power poles for a living. This would remind me just a little too much about work. Hard enough to forget about work in my summit. Would eliminate a lot of problems though

18-Nov-17
My tree stands make to much noise anymore - these saddles are nice and pretty comfortable.

19-Nov-17
Might be ok for a young guy but it looks like misery for me. Lol

19-Nov-17
Hookman you would be surprised they are pretty comfortable and a lot easier to carry around than a treestand!

25-Feb-19
Just bringing this thread back to the top since there was some interest shown for them.

25-Feb-19
Looks like it may not be for me at 66 years old. I have mostly gone to ladder stands these days

25-Feb-19
Hoppies u might be surprised - the one I have actually makes me feel more secure. It sort of wraps your torso and I use really nice climbing sticks to get up in tree. I still use some ladder stands as well - and I feel much better in the saddle to be truthful with you. Just need to make sure you get the correct size. Plus these things are so darn quiet! Oh plus you have two points on it which keep you attached to the tree should one fail.

25-Feb-19
aint no way im hanging in a tree with that thing. LOL. I will take my ladder stand

25-Feb-19
Im definitely getting one hopefully not long after turkey season so I can get use to it by fall an im 52 Be 53 in August.

25-Feb-19
I'm going to definitely get one of the aero hunters. Next purchase. Only thing as good for trad bow clearance on all angles is a summit viper

25-Feb-19
Have you looked at the Tethrd mantis saddle. That’s the one im getting

02-Mar-19
If you have to pack in ladder steps to get in tree that would defeat the purpose wouldn’t it?

02-Mar-19
Maybe it’s just me and I looked at those things when they first came out but I just can’t see how they would be comfortable after a couple hours? I would think the strain on your legs would take its toll after an hour or two? Plus, what do you do if a deer come by on your non dominant side?

02-Mar-19
I agree. It could be anymore comfortable than hanging from your safety harness

02-Mar-19
The way they are designed they are sort of like a wrap around hammock. It’s almost like sitting in a chair. You can keep the trunk of tree between yourself and the deer as they approach. You can actually moving around the tree and actually have pretty much 360 degree shooting around the tree.

It’s easy to knock until you actually try one. I was surprised at how comfortable they really are - have fallen asleep while in mine!

03-Mar-19
There are several videos on YouTube about saddle hunting. Might not think it I saw one video showed it’s almost impossible to fall out of one if you wear it right. As far as carrying sticks in there are many types. Im looking at hawk heilem sticks 2 1/2 # a peice 3-4 still alot lighter than a climbing stand or a portable and sticks

03-Mar-19
Screw in steps for me on private ground. 12 will get me around 22-24 feet, then my step platform will give me 24-26 feet. When hunting the NF, 5 muddy sticks will get it done. Just guessing but, I figure the whole setup will weigh less then 12-13 pounds with steps and less then 15 with sticks. Plus, pack up small and compact.

That's the win for me. It is so dang aggravating strapping stand, meat, and then a pack bag to the frame systems I use. With that load, I'm pushing 75-80 pounds of gear on a haul out. That's a lot of weight but, more importantly, it really leverages on you sticking way out and sliding around. With this new system, I should be able to get my meat in the meat sling, everything else in the bag, and keep it sucked up tight and streamlined. Even though the weight will still be in the 60-65 pound range, how it carries will make it feel so much lighter in comparison.

Plus, the older I get, the more I want to stay attached to the tree at ALL times. Basically, with my hands always on the tree, I'll feel much more safe. I'm excited.

03-Mar-19
http://youtu.be/onVeDQ_7Uvc

03-Mar-19

WV Mountaineer's Link

04-Mar-19
I have a hawk climber weighs about 22# I figured new set up should be 1/2 that. Im also excited about a new style of hunting. Plus setup should be quieter

04-Mar-19
I think the big plus for them - there just is no noise - I have not had a ladder or hang on stand yet that at some point does make a noise.

04-Mar-19
I am not knocking them. I think they may be fine for younger hunters ,say under 60 , i am in fairly good shape for 66 years old, But I just cant see me pulling a day hunt in one of those with gear i take in i will just stay with my xop climber and ladder stands.

02-Apr-19
Just wondering what method you guys use to get up the tree????

02-Apr-19
I use either screw in steps or the quick climbing sticks. Depends on how mobile I want to be.

02-Apr-19
I call those screw in steps Gut hooks

02-Apr-19
In 94 when I fell 20 ft because of a screw in step pulling out another one cut me from pelvis to shoulder on the way down. I’m just glad it didn’t cut in far enough to catch me under the ribs. I have never used them since.

02-Apr-19
I had a friend that fell on one and almost bled to death..

• Sitka Gear