Offgrid 09-Nov-17
THP 09-Nov-17
PECO 10-Nov-17
KC9 10-Nov-17
loopmtz 15-Nov-17
08-Nov-17

THP's embedded Photo
THP's embedded Photo
August 2015 I spotted a giant bull from 2 miles away while scouting for my upcoming archery hunt, he was a solid 7 X club with what appeared to be a extra main beam or 30+" G1 coming from the side of his head. I hunted for him all of September and he managed to disappear from the area. 2 nights ago my brother sent me a picture of an old bull he located while deer hunting the lower country about 6 miles from where we archery hunt and I immediately recognized the unusual antler on his right side.

08-Nov-17
My mom had a OTC bull tag and was having trouble locating any elk in the higher country so my brother made plans to take her back to the area he'd seen the bull. Unfortunately I was called out and had to work all night so was unable to join them in the morning.. My mom,dad and brother started easing up the draw at first light, about 100 yards from where the bull was the night before they heard rocks rolling and something bust out of the thick cover below, they immediately got my mom set up on shooting sticks as the bull cut across a clearing on the opposite side, a couple cow calls stopped him just inside the treeline and mom made a perfect 250 yard shot dropping the bull in his tracks!

After finishing the job I was on I was able to get the pack frames and help pack him out, I was so excited for her I forgot I hadn't slept in 36 hours and was happy to be a part of the hunt

08-Nov-17

THP's embedded Photo
THP's embedded Photo
THP's embedded Photo
THP's embedded Photo

08-Nov-17
As you can see from the condition of his hide he was a very old bull, not a ounce of fat on him, his teeth were worn down and I'm sure he had better tine length in 2015.

08-Nov-17
Nice! The best deer I ever ate was a 5X2 grampa. Taken just south of the Royal Gorge in the 70's. The rack is 24" wide, but just non-typical in any other sense. It rough scored 177, despite missing 3pts on one side. I'm not a bone collector - it's one of 2-3 rod racks I've saved in 40 years. I'll bet he's yummy. 'Grat's to mom!

08-Nov-17
That is a cool bull. Nothing better than a family adventure shared! Congrat to her

08-Nov-17
Congrats to your mom!

08-Nov-17
Congrats, that's a memorable elk.

08-Nov-17
Congrats to you and your family, what an experience for all of you! And what a unique rack! OLD bull.

08-Nov-17
Congrats to Mom. That's a great bull and glad she could take it.

09-Nov-17
Congratulations to your Mom! Awesome old bull for sure!

09-Nov-17
Cool bull! Congrats to your mom.

09-Nov-17
Congrats!

09-Nov-17
Looks like you have many tongue sammiches in your future.

Nice family hunt!

09-Nov-17
Congrats!

09-Nov-17
Thanks for the kind words and not getting bent out of shape over the manner of take. Figured most would enjoy the pic.. minus the tongue, still working on But getting better at PC pics ColoBull, I wish he was as palatable as your 5x2. Backstraps were tough as leather, I'm glad I have 2 young cows in the freezer

10-Nov-17
Hey, rifle hunting is fun! I got an OTC cow archery tag as option when I didn't draw, so that I could also hunt later with a rifle. I was out for 3rd season opening day through yesterday morning. Yesterday, I had a herd of around 200 elk stretched between 200 to 400 yards away, and a legal bull at 300 yards but before legal shooting light. By legal/safe shooting time, there were just a few cows left that shortly went over the mountain. I love being out there with a recurve, longbow, compound bow or 300 win mag, it's all hunting! I did not get an elk this year but I did get some awesome sunrise sunset pictures. Again congrats to your Mom on a great bull!

10-Nov-17

KC9's embedded Photo
KC9's embedded Photo
What tongue

15-Nov-17
Very cool, congrats!

• Sitka Gear