buxandbass 11-Nov-17
Emmitt 14-Nov-17
Heavyhorns 14-Nov-17
petedrummond 14-Nov-17
petedrummond 14-Nov-17
live2hunt88 14-Nov-17
Heavyhorns 16-Nov-17
10-Nov-17
Hey guys. I have been in Southern Illinois this week on the Shawnee. We saw zero rut action all week. There were very few rubs and I only saw two scrapes. The first day I saw bucks still moving together but the last couple days they seemed to have split up but still no chasing or sign of interest and all were small bucks. Anyone else hunting Southern Illinois and if so what has your experience been lately? Thanks

10-Nov-17
My buddy has been down there by you in Pope County on private land and he has been seeing a bunch of smaller bucks cruising but nothing big so far.

11-Nov-17
I hunted 4 days this week in Randolph county....saw some scrapes and small rubs but no rutting action doe or buck. weather was perfect really. had cameras out and no daytime action or even bigger bucks show up and I know they are there based on past pics.

14-Nov-17
BUX IM HEADING TO CHESTER FOR THE THREE DAY GUN SEASON 17, 18, 19TH... IM LOOKING FORWARD TO SPENDING SOME QUALITY TIME IN THE TREE STAND... DOING SOME DUCK HUNTING ALSO

14-Nov-17
Thanks guys. I am thinking about coming back the week after Thanksgiving for another try. Any thoughts on what that week will be like? Late into rut, post rut, ???

14-Nov-17
Its not post rut. Thanksgiving and week after are post lock down and often best time of year

14-Nov-17
Rut is a bell curve

14-Nov-17
Bucks chasing all over Edgar county the last couple days

16-Nov-17
Thanks for all the feedback. Good luck to everyone.

• Sitka Gear