Blaze 01-Dec-17
Franzen 01-Dec-17
Boone32 01-Dec-17
DozRdeer2 02-Dec-17
Split Toes 03-Dec-17
DozRdeer2 03-Dec-17
Split Toes 05-Dec-17
10-Nov-17
Last year I saw that we could use a bow during firearm season, this year the regulation sheet they sent me with my tag doesn't list a bow as a legal weapon during firearm season. Did they take that away this year?

11-Nov-17
No, you do need a gun permit though.

11-Nov-17
I assume you are on private land, but yes they are allowed on private land only with a firearm permit.

11-Nov-17
Thanks. Yes, we're on private land and hunting with a firearm permit. I found it on their website now, I wish they would put that on the information sheet.

01-Dec-17
I am confused about this and don't seem to be able to locate a clear cut answer. I'm sure it's there somewhere though.

Can I hunt with my archery tag on archery only public land, wearing proper blaze orange requirements this weekend 11/30 - 12/3?? Winnebago county.

01-Dec-17
You can archery hunt in counties that have no gun season.

01-Dec-17
It would be a site specific requirement Boone32. Some are open and some aren't. Check your site.

01-Dec-17
Good call Franzen. I found it on the DNR page specific to the site. It is open. Thanks!

02-Dec-17
Yes, you may use archery equipment during the 7-day firearm deer season provided that you have a FIREARM DEER PERMIT and are hunting on private land.

03-Dec-17
Do you got to have a firearm tag to bow hunt during the antlerless only season 12/28 - 12/31st?? And if you do not can you still shoot a buck or doe only

03-Dec-17
Archery season is open during the late-winter/CWD season, so archery permits are valid. Archery deer season is closed during the 7-day firearm deer season in counties open to firearm deer hunting -- that is the reason a firearm permit is required to use archery equipment during those 7 days.

Left-over firearm/ML and youth permits are valid during the late antlerless seasons if issued for an open LW/CWD county. Late-winter season firearm deer hunters are restricted to "antlerless only." CWD season firearm deer hunters may shoot antlered animals only if they have an unfilled (ie., left-over) either-sex firearm deer permit for the county; otherwise their harvest is restricted to antlerless only.

Archery deer hunters using either-sex archery permits may shoot an antlered animal provided that they have not already harvested two antlered animals during the current year's deer seasons.

I hope this helps! Tom

05-Dec-17
Thanks Tom that helped alot.

• Sitka Gear