Missouri
Contributors to this thread:
BuckStalker 11-Nov-17
hogthief 13-Nov-17
hogthief 13-Nov-17
11-Nov-17

BuckStalker's embedded Photo
BuckStalker's embedded Photo
Hello, I am new to posting, but have been stalking this forum for awhile. Today was the first day of firearms in MO. I am an avid bow hunter and my parents acquired 30 acre tract of land earlier this year so I put up a camera and dumped some corn in early August to see what was around. To my surprise within 24 hrs. I was getting pictures of several young bucks, and the largest 11 pointer I have ever captured on camera. From August through September the monster was consistently showing up at night with 1 set of pics just after daybreak in late August. I noticed that in a set of almost 2000 pics I had very few does on camera. Almost all young bucks which is contrary to most places I have ran cameras in the past. I have spent several hours in the stand on this tract this season thus far. I was consistently watching young bucks and never had the 11 come out. Today I realized the orange army was thick in this area as shots were abundant and too close for comfort at times. This evening I ran into a high school friend of mine who hunts around 2 miles from my parents tract on a large farm. He had shot what we soon realized was the buck I had been after at 6:30 this morning. Only avid hunters can understand the heartache I am feeling as I have been watching and obsessing over this buck for months. The lack of does in the area is what I suspect caused this buck to vacate what was his home for the summer months. Crazy coincidental run in with an old friend crushed my trophy dreams. This buck is a bruiser and was even bigger then I thought after it shed its velvet. This is a prime example of what a bad buck to doe ratio can cost you. I thought I would share as I am sure this has happened to several of you out there. As Mike Tyson once said "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face."

13-Nov-17
as long as it was taken legally I would have a problem with it. tell him, "nice job. " you might get a friend for life and access to more good hunting ground.

13-Nov-17
as long as it was taken legally I would have a problem with it. tell him, "nice job. " you might get a friend for life and access to more good hunting ground.

• Sitka Gear