Redman 13-Nov-17
TwoDogs@work 13-Nov-17
Redman 13-Nov-17
Ksgobbler 13-Nov-17
Redman 20-Nov-17
Trebarker 20-Nov-17
MBabs 20-Nov-17
13-Nov-17
Just curious about quail numbers and what you guys have seen out there or heard. I am in the eastern third of the state. More interested in that area. Would not mind hearing from all though..

13-Nov-17
I live in Chase County and have not hunted quail locally for 3 or 4 years due to lack of birds. The population seems to be up significantly this year. I base this on what I have seen and reports from local farmers. I will probably do some hunting locally this year. I did find three coveys in Marion County yesterday and managed to take my first limit of quail in several years.

13-Nov-17
Local farmers are telling me they did not see many during harvest and as from the deer stand early morning I heard very few..

13-Nov-17
Saw a covey of 20 from my stand yesterday, and a covey of 10 from my blind the day before.

Hunted a local reservoir for ducks sat morning. Heard quail at first light. As we are walking out 4 truckloads of guys with 8 dogs were hunting it. Saw the game warden at Casey's and he said all his interactions people said it was very slow.

20-Nov-17
Thanks Gobbler

20-Nov-17
Have seen a couple of coveys on our land this year, nice sized coveys.

20-Nov-17
This is my first year attempting upland birds in any capacity-so I don't know much. I have spent 2 mornings about 3 hours each walking public lands at Marion reservoir. I have a rookie trained German Shorthaired pointer. In that time we have found two coveys of quail. I got my very first bird yesterday. Flushed a couple pheasants but I was too slow to identify them as cocks so no shot. Seen several other cock pheasants crossing roads up there.

Not sure if quail are just that tough to find or if I'm going about things wrong. I attempt to work my dog into the wind along strips of cover bordering cut crop fields (beans, corn, stubble, milo). The areas we go are spots I have flushed a covey or seen them while bowhunting. The coveys we found were pretty deep into cover. At least 50 yards from the fields. For whatever it's worth the quail I got was full of corn.

• Sitka Gear