Buckster 17-Nov-17
Unclejeffy 17-Nov-17
Paul 17-Nov-17
>>---CTCrow---> 17-Nov-17
onepin 20-Nov-17
Paul 20-Nov-17
>>---CTCrow---> 20-Nov-17
16-Nov-17
Does Ct give out handicap permits that allow atv use on state land or did I just get punked ? Guy just came down dirt rd told me he has a permit to use atv for hunting only about 3 on the east coast he said any body ?

16-Nov-17
Thanks I glad to read that helps keep my faith in other hunters being truthful

16-Nov-17
Next time you see him, push him off the atv to make sure he is paraplegic.

16-Nov-17
Oh thanks Ed what do want to see me on CNN or something . He told me he lost a leg and that the atv was the only way to get to his tree stand he has set up . Local guy I think no other cars or trucks out on the road . Had a plate on it

16-Nov-17
Here's another question: If the guy has a permit due to being disabled, but he wants to hunt with a friend that has no disability, can that friend hitch a ride on the ATV? Or does he have to walk?

A couple years ago a guy screwed up my hunt on state land by coming in on a side-by-side ATV with someone. He got off, walked right to me and under my stand as I tried to wave him off. His buddy continued on, on the ATV. I told him ATV's aren't allowed on state land and he said his buddy has a permit. Either way, this guy wasn't handicapped and I don't know if the other was either. But, I'm sure if he had shot something, he wouldn't be dragging it out by hand.

16-Nov-17
This was a side by side windshield doors the works

16-Nov-17
Good for him for still getting out there!

16-Nov-17
If it had a plate on it, you could always report that to the proper authorities and they could look up for themselves whether he has a permit. They may not be able to DO anything about an illegal ATV'er if they didn't see him do it, but....

Well, I guess I don't know what that would do. I kinda doubt they'd set up a stake-out in hopes of catching One Guy, but you never know... maybe he's 100% legit, or maybe they've gotten 142 complaints about him so far this season.

I hope he's on the up & up.. I just prefer finding reasons to keep faith in my fellow man, you know? Enough bad stuff going on as it is...

16-Nov-17
So a one legged guy rides an ATV to his treestand? How does he climb it? Legit question!

16-Nov-17
With pegs on one side of the tree?

16-Nov-17
He hopes to get a big buck.

16-Nov-17
Good one crow.....??

16-Nov-17
Super post

17-Nov-17
SWK - I had an older sister who was bed ridden for most of her adult life before she past a few years ago. I would help her just about every day, and she had a great attitude, never said her life sucked and I don't know if could have done the same in her shoes. I thank God every day for giving me health, and that's why I don't ever complain about walking too far to a stand, or work that needs to be done around the house. Blessings! Great time of the year to count yours!

17-Nov-17
Being very familiar with accommodations for disabled hunters in Connecticut, sharing the following: A person wishing to use an ATV for hunting must apply to DEEP with medical certification. An in person interview is conducted by Wildlife and EnCon staff and a recommendation is issued to the Commissioner. During the interview process the applicant is instructed about additional requirements they must pursue if they are issued a permit. They must contact the District Wildlife staff to discuss the particular block of state land they wish to access, the exact internal road/logging trail for desired access and the season (deer, turkey, small game) period. If a gated road, they may even be provided with access keys/combinations to allow passage. Following this additional discussion, they are issued an authorization letter for the upcoming hunting season. The letter includes a map with highlighted roadways they can access as agreed upon. It is a very restrictive process but rarely abused in my opinion. There are no restrictions to prevent an able-bodied buddy to accompany the permit holder on the ATV. In fact, disabled hunters are advised to always use a buddy system in the interest of personal safety in the forest. Hope this helps.

17-Nov-17
People from time to time break my cousins balls for using the x-bow and having a handicapped sticker. But it's only when they see him on his good days. He has MS. So today he may look like a fit guy, tomorrow not so much. Be careful jumping to conclusions on people.

17-Nov-17
About the gate on the road I would think he would have a key but this is not the case . Has a make shift trail around it .

17-Nov-17
Too many restrictions. They should loosen them up a bit and be better accommodated.

20-Nov-17
I'd still like to know how he uses a treestand?

20-Nov-17
Thursday I will be out there see if I run into him again

20-Nov-17
OneLink, he might be hunting from the ground too. But he can hoist himself up also.

• Sitka Gear