>>---CTCrow---> 19-Nov-17
XbowfromNY 20-Nov-17
Paul 20-Nov-17
notme 21-Nov-17
bigbuckbob 21-Nov-17
notme 21-Nov-17
bigbuckbob 21-Nov-17
17-Nov-17
Anybody out there ever deal with a torn miniscus?? Dr's gonna repair two tears plus drill a hole in the bone and add filler for blown out cushion thingie.. I was wondering what recover do's and dont's i should look out for..

17-Nov-17
I had the surgery times...the bone work will be sore...you will be moving in week...carefully but mobile

17-Nov-17
First couple days is rough...lots of ice

17-Nov-17
Do not do it. I have it and I deal with it. I was told surgery will bring 100% arthritis in a few years. Just learn how to live with it. Should you decide to have the surgery during hunting season please consider me to keep your hunting chair warm and busy. You have to learn how to bring the deer and the dears to you instead of chasing them all over the place. Use rum externally and internally to help diminish the pain.

18-Nov-17
X2 six

18-Nov-17
Yeah six the knees all arthritis now..thats what that filler is for..dr drained a vile of yellow stuff in sept and 35cc two wks ago..cortizones not helping any....usualy im pretty good with pain but crap this is too much.sleeping is the worst..

18-Nov-17
Meniscus is arthroscopic surgery. Easy. A couple weeks of slow going and you'll be back trimming weeds around those head stones. Ask if you can start aggressive therapy a day after surgery and you'll be way better off than taking it easy. You'll want to regain mobility, strength and get the swelling out. Get it done.

18-Nov-17
I have one in my knee for a decade now. Research it. Doc was pushing for me to have surgery and research shows improvement in only half of surgery. I figured I would try self heal. Knee is ok now.

18-Nov-17
Any surgeon who won’t tell you that surgical repair is always a compromise is a good reason to seek a second opinion, but the #1 variable is the patient; people who are by-God gonna get better usually do; a lot of people who get a nice disability check end up never getting better.

JMO, get it done. I blew out my left ACL 13 years ago and haven’t had it fixed yet; last time I asked a doc about it he said they don’t usually do that for people my age... WTH??

I say if you can’t even sleep at night, you’ve got nothing to lose. Chronic sleep deprivation will kill you - slowly - if you’re lucky and leave you with Alzheimer’s if you’re not.

18-Nov-17
Second opinion, always

18-Nov-17
Having dealt with many clients and athletes, both pre and post op/ Physical Therapy(pt)... be sure to do your full PT . With that being said depending on the where it is torn some of my clients have dealt with a torn meniscus for years but we have focused thier training to getting the legs strong, stable and flexible!

18-Nov-17

notme's embedded Photo
notme's embedded Photo
This was mid september and pretty much still the same..got hurt in the end of july..1st dr said with the lenght of time and how swollen probably miniscus and put me in theropy that day 3times a wk. It helped but really didnt stop the pain..a month later 2nd dr sent me for mri..so here i sit...lol

18-Nov-17
Im guessing the right ? Lol

18-Nov-17
Good eye doc...lol

18-Nov-17
Take it like a man. It sucks to get old when your body crumbles but your mind is still at 25. I had my right knee swell up just like that about 8 months ago. I was in pain and went to get an MRI which revealed torn meniscus. Doc talked about arthroscopic surgery but revealed the arthritis factor and let me make up my mind. The swelling subsided in about a month with some home PT and ointments. It does hurt if I do a side sweep but I have learn to use the other leg for side sweeps. The swelling never came back. So far so good.

18-Nov-17
The pain i could deal with...most of the time.when i pivot fast i want to chew my leg off then it goes away..kneeling or sitting for a long time is a dull burning pain behind and side of the knee..the sleep pain is the worst.you dont realize how many times you stretch your legs at sleep mode..thats when its the worst...knee cap pops,hot burning pain with needles thrown in..theropy had me doing a lot of stretches on calf and thigh with electric stuff that felt great until it wore off..so

A couple of years ago i super hyper extended my left elbow.after they cleaned it up and 20wks of theropy i can only extend it 70% and i cant touch my head,it only forms an "L"...good for my bow arm.lol.they wanted to go back in and do some other stuff to maybe kinda get full range.i told him he fixed me enough..i havent been right since i had that plate installed in my noggin.or maybe i was always like this and cant remember?? ..something for me to think about i guess..thanks for the input.i knew i was at the right place for medical advice....lol

19-Nov-17
Had mine done, and I tore it again. I will live with discomfort.

19-Nov-17
Walk it off.

20-Nov-17
Go with Dr. James Andrews- he's legit.

20-Nov-17

Paul's Link
Notme after surgery

21-Nov-17
The archery part or changing into a young russian girl ?.lol

21-Nov-17
So,....exactly when would you use that technique in the woods?? For me, it would be as I'm falling from my treestand, hands outstretched trying to break my fall and my bow got tangled in my feet. Why I'm not wearing my boots is a question left unanswered.

21-Nov-17
Ya but the things i used to lift with my third leg...lol. ...like none of you used a towel or hat or toaster oven

21-Nov-17
???? Anyone speak fluent "notme"? Need to translate his last phrase.

• Sitka Gear