Kansas
Contributors to this thread:
Harvey 18-Nov-17
BuckStalker 18-Nov-17
KSBOW 22-Nov-17
KSBOW 22-Nov-17
BeardsAndBones 22-Nov-17
18-Nov-17
Hi Everyone, So last year, on private ground, my son saw a big 10 or 12 off in the distance thru the woods. He moved his stand and camera on a Friday night over Christmas break and came back to hunt it Monday morning and everything was gone. Brand new $250 stand and $100 camera just a few months old. Fast forward to this year, he bought another $200 stand and went into a great area on the farm, worked hard at cutting lanes and getting it hidden in a tree. Puts it up on a Friday, comes back home from work the following Friday and poof its gone too. He doesn't make a ton of money and works hard at hunting and doing things the right way. Feel bad for him and am pretty ticked off for him. I am trying to find some sort of gps unit that is small enough to attach to a treestand to be hidden somewhere on the treestand. I have some older hang ons that I can use as a "bait" stand. Just looking for some suggestions from anyone that has used them and that worked fairly decent. I can google some online but have no idea if they will work for what I am looking to do. I am about 40 miles away from the land so I cant be there all the time. Thanks for any help

18-Nov-17
They make keytag units that can be used. I don't recall the brand though.

22-Nov-17
Have you thought about get a trail cam that sends pic to your cell phone? Put it up somewhere it hard to get too and than get pics even if person is taking the camera?

22-Nov-17
Have you thought about get a trail cam that sends pic to your cell phone? Put it up somewhere it hard to get too and than get pics even if person is taking the camera?

22-Nov-17
Or just make a note that says "please don't steal my stand, multiple cameras in use, I will press charges".. laminate it and hang on tree under stand. I use a basic cable lock on my public stands, they're like five bucks.. most people won't mess with getting bolt cutters and the chance of getting caught on cam should scare off the person responsible

• Sitka Gear