BoneHead 18-Nov-17
Jmill 18-Nov-17
shawnm 18-Nov-17
spike78 18-Nov-17
SixLomaz 18-Nov-17
notme 18-Nov-17
18-Nov-17

shawnm's Link
I got in the woods first thing this morning. No more than 5 minutes in the sit I catch movement above me. I look up to see a beautiful fox.. he works the ridge and comes down and feeds in front of me for about 5 minutes. About fifteen minutes later I catch some more movement. Here comes the local yote I've been seeing nonstop. I grabbed my bow and got ready. I ranged her at 33 and was waiting for the shot because she was behind a tree. The wind was blowing right at her and I had my doe in estrus scents out. She got a good whiff of them and took off without giving me a shot. 2 hours later I decided I want to scout the lower area for rubs and scrapes. As I got to the skidder trail I seen a doe. I stopped instantly as she could hear me coming. I stood as still as possible. I noticed she was not alone and counted 4 doe. They came right down to me and I ranged them at 18 yards. I could of easily taken any one of them.. on the opposite side of the skidder trail I could hear another deer moving and eventually it took off. After the does walked off I made my way down to where I wanted to scout. After scouting I started back only to realize half way my call fell out of my pocket. After going hack and finding it I started back. As I made my way to the skidder trail a beautiful 6 pointer exactly where I heard him before was standing there. Unfortunately he winded me and took off. I got the video of the does and it's not the best video but it's cool. About half way through you can see one of the does taking a dump..lol.. what an exciting experience.. 4 does, 1 buck, 1 yote and 1 fox..the video of the does ls on the link below. Thanks all who took the time to read this!!!

18-Nov-17
Sounds good to me, man! Lemme know if you need any help thinning out those does, eh? I LOVE the dumb ones!

18-Nov-17
Sounds like you saw one of those flying foxes, huh Shawn? Great morning, wish I could say the same. I just had a good morning.

18-Nov-17
Good day for sure

18-Nov-17
So I just got out and on my way out a deer snorted. I look over to see the giant I'm after. He started tailing it out until I hit the grunt call. Stopped him right in his tracks. He started back towards me but he was making sure he was downwind of me. Finally he came into an opening and I ranged him at 35. Unfortunately my time had expired and it was past sunset. Ahhh... so close but yet so far..

18-Nov-17
You have a good spot shawn! You will connect with time!

18-Nov-17
That is quite the spot man. You're on em every time.

18-Nov-17

shawnm's embedded Photo
shawnm's embedded Photo
I shared the pic with blood trail but here he is.

18-Nov-17
My morning consisted of a raccoon that got to 2 feet away from me while I was ground hunting. He wasn’t really scared of me and I didn’t really know if he was gonna charge at me but he just turned and ran off. Love neat encounters like that.

18-Nov-17
Did you try pointing your finger at him for directions?

18-Nov-17
Thats a beauty of a buck dude..nice!!!

Spike, dude put some vittles on your head..that racoon just wanted a place to sit and be a hat..youd be the talk of the town..

• Sitka Gear