Bonafide 19-Nov-17
Bonafide 19-Nov-17
Jdbowelk 19-Nov-17
buc i 313 19-Nov-17
rust4brains 19-Nov-17
Bowhunting 5C 20-Nov-17
rust4brains 25-Nov-17
18-Nov-17
Just wondering if anyone else has had to deal with aluminum treestands creaking in the cold weather. If so, is there anyway to prevent it? Other than buy a different stand? It's a Summit Hawk stand.

Thanks!

18-Nov-17
Yep, I've had several of mine start to make some noise. I usually re set it before climbing in if they start making noise. I just pull up on the front of the stand and adjust it. Then when I get in, I put all my weight back close to the tree and bounce a couple of times to reset it against the tree. Usually will keep them quiet for a while.

18-Nov-17
Biological noises count? Roy?

18-Nov-17
If it is stand making noise you can try plastic washers between any moving point. If its stand rubbing against tree you can try tightening straps or adding an extra ratchet strap to cinch it tighter. I know you said you didn't want to buy another stand but lonewolf will take care of all your noise problems

18-Nov-17
What? I didn't even post. Have another drink Art.

18-Nov-17
Just thinking of you Roy. Miss you buddy.

18-Nov-17
Just thinking of you Roy. Miss you buddy.

18-Nov-17
The only way is to get a Lone Wolf. They are dead quiet even when it's down in single digits.

19-Nov-17
Pam non-stick spray, do not use WD-40.

19-Nov-17
Pam non-stick spray, do not use WD-40.

19-Nov-17
noise happens when I stand, old bones creaking.

19-Nov-17
Question ?

Are you talking about a hang on / lock on sand or a climbing stand ?

My experience is, when selecting a stand I try to chose one with heavy welds, heavy mesh platform, or a solid aluminium platform for all models including a climber.

If the issue is a "noisy stand" try putting expandable foam where possible, replace the washers with teflon washers. If it is the stand squeaking against the tree, I reset / re- position the stand against the tree.

After using many different types of tree stand over the last 45 + years my current stands are hang-on's, Muddy and Lone Wolfe, my climber is a Summit Viper.

One reason I don't use ladder stands or cheap stands with thin mesh and small welds is they are unbearably noisy. I would rather spend my $ on a quality product than a quantity of uncomfortable and a noisy one.

I'm not familiar with Hawk, so my experience with that product is limited hopefully the above info is of help.

19-Nov-17
it is a lock on stand. I've had three of these stands for a few years now, love them. They are dead quiet in normal temps. This is the second time that I've noticed a few very small noises once it gets really cold like it was last weekend. Not sure if I'll sit this stand again in firearms season or if I get out for the late season, but I will go over the stand to see if there is anything that is noticeable. In the future, I will do a little resetting of in before I get in it as well. As a last resort, I'll consider Lone Wolf products.

Thanks!

20-Nov-17
There are a few ways to make noise manageable, never totally noiseless. Get a lone Wolf stand or, tighten everything up before the season. Use 2 locking straps and lithium grease on the stands before the storing if the stand the previous season... The straps should be high and low. Good luck.

25-Nov-17
Thanks for all of the input.

• Sitka Gear