DeerDan 22-Nov-17
DeerDan 22-Nov-17
DeerDan 22-Nov-17
jax2009r 22-Nov-17
Cranial Vault 22-Nov-17
bigbuckbob 22-Nov-17
SILVERADO 22-Nov-17
18-Nov-17
So I was hunting in Tolland today and I got fresh rubs opened up no scrapes. Saw groups of does but no bucks with any of them. What is going on?

19-Nov-17
Scrapes are starting to open up again in a couple of my spots after drying up last wk..no rubs at all. Groups of 2-4 does coming through with little guys checking them out..

19-Nov-17
I saw two mature bucks together on Monday. Two does and a group of four together, with no bucks on wed and sat. I did see some chasing on the 10th. Other than that it's a very weird year for sure.

19-Nov-17
The group I hunt with. .. in the past week . Took one 4 point smelly . On e 4 point looking fresh and not a small at all. A big 5 point stinky as hell. And on Fri a nice 6 point that was tailing. Doe. But not to stinky and his neck wasnt real big. .. I personally seen a group of 6 does nothing in tow. And then on Thursday I had two smaller does towing a big body spike. But other then that . I have not seen any of the big boys cruising the woods. .. so o think the rut. Is gonna be shitty just like the season has been

19-Nov-17
The bucks i have on cam have been alone and cruising.....the buck i shot on tuesday was cruising nose to the ground but did not stink at all

19-Nov-17
There are no nuts. White buffalo cut them off.

19-Nov-17
As predicted by those who are in tune with mother nature, 2017 rut will be slow and time stretched for your amazement and pleasure.

Pitches and forks, ad plenty tar and feathers with a hint of YouTube entertainment. Boys and girls it is time to parade in the public eye the naked WB affair. They sexually abused an entire deer generation and not one spoke openly about that shameful event.

NOTE: Remember the new crossbows are capable of shooting 3" MOA or less at 100 yards. Amaaazing!

19-Nov-17
Good to 90 yards. I got 2 so I can shoot them at 180.

19-Nov-17
360 if you spin in a circle..lol

19-Nov-17
In MA same thing a few scrapes and some spots with very few rubs odd season for sure. Every doe I’ve seen in yards had no buck with them.

19-Nov-17
Damn, and I thought it was just my area that was lacking sign.

19-Nov-17
Saw two does with two fawns still in tow yesterday. Not in any rush to get anywhere and no bucks around. Zero sign on the way out. Second time I hunted this spot this year, so there has been no pressure.

I did call in two Fisher Cats right to my tree. Cool little beasts.

19-Nov-17
Hunted 3 different spots yesterday and saw tons of rubs and scrapes. Did not see a deer all day and heard very few shots in my area.

19-Nov-17
Hormones are driven by photoperiod (length of day). So those hormones start flowing pretty much the same time every year. But what changes year to year (for us rifle hunters) is Opening Day, which is the third Wednesday in November. So this year, it's the earliest it could be, the 15th. So there's likely more breeding to be had. Stay tuned.

Hearing few shots too and not seeing much movement.

19-Nov-17

Brianbowhunter's embedded Photo
They are still playing around locking horns in my area of Coventry Tolland

19-Nov-17

J
J

19-Nov-17
I left a cam out for over a year in the Berkshires before I went and got it and it showed bucks passing through from Nov 2 to Dec 2. Then they stopped

19-Nov-17
I'm in the same boat. Even though with sightings I'm terribly frustrated. So yesterday on my walk I did a little count. Last year I had over 75 rubs and countless scrapes.. not on pencil trees but huge trees. This year I have a total of 5 rubs and 6 scrapes.. all the trees that were scraped last year are untouched. Yesterday most of you know I had 4 doe in a group in front of me with a buck about 50 yards as away doing his own thing. Last year I never seen does in the rut let alone together. And a buck was that close to them with no interest.. he was a nice 6.. I don't know what to think or what's going on..

19-Nov-17
I've seen exactly one buck all season. His bad luck, it was Friday and I had the rifle. In years past, I would've let him walk waiting for something bigger, but with few ops this season, he rode home with me. I did grunt when I saw him, which encouraged him to thrash a bush before coming in. His hocks were pretty smelly too.

19-Nov-17
I wonder if it could be the ratio of bucks to does?

19-Nov-17
I'm with Crow. It WB's fault.

19-Nov-17
Doc, drinking the Kool aid, me like.

19-Nov-17
I hope so pat!!! So you will be hunting CT soon??

20-Nov-17
When my buddy tells me that he sees a lot of new tracks on his property it means that the rut is on. Guess what? New tracks on his property. Game on. Not scientific by any means but it has been constant for 18 years

20-Nov-17

SILVERADO's embedded Photo

20-Nov-17

20-Nov-17

20-Nov-17
Looks like the big boys are starting to move in daylight.

21-Nov-17
Nice Dave. Those are some beauty bucks. Also very nice to see them in the day. Hopefully one makes his way towards your stand!!

21-Nov-17

So.i finally connected at 7:20 this morning this guy came through with 3 others chasing 6 does. Sorry guys gun kill though.

21-Nov-17

21-Nov-17

21-Nov-17

21-Nov-17
Congrats, nice buck.

21-Nov-17
Nice. Levergun?

21-Nov-17
Congrats! I will have the 308 in my hands on Thanksgiving morning.

21-Nov-17
Sweeeet.

21-Nov-17
Way to go Dave love the crab claw

21-Nov-17
Nice buck... congrats

21-Nov-17
Monster buck Dave! Congrats!

21-Nov-17
Nice buck

21-Nov-17
Well done

21-Nov-17
Thanks guys yep a lever .30 .30. I love that gun, she doesn’t let me down and hits like a sledge hammer. So i was in stand at 5:15 this am in a stand where my friend told me to sit. He took a nice buck off the property on sat morning in a stand i told him to sit in that buck we believe is brothers with this one due to similiaries in rack. Well at 7:20 something in me says to stand up. I stand up and am scanning the woods when i hear a noise behind me and over right shoulder. I turn to see a doe running for all she’s worth about 80-90 yds out and parallel with the stone wall, then i see another and another 6 in all. Followed by 3 bucks the n shortly followed by him grunting Grunting head off. I raise my gun and try to follow them in the scope man moving to fast and no lanes. Oh man they are gonna keep going and go over the ridge past my other stand. I think ok well maybe they will swing back around all of a sudden one of the smaller bucks swings wide and cuts the does off sending them back towards me and then i see the big guy sweep up to them. I’m gonna get my shot, i have a window at 65 yds but i gotta get him to stop, i start yelling at him as loud as i could. All of a he stops i put the cross hairs on him squeeze and boom. I wait to see him run, no dropped like a sack of rocks. I was so blessed this am. I have a newborn at home and a have a vey patient and understanding wife, she lets me basically hunt every day. So when i called her to tell her the news she was very excited.

21-Nov-17
Very nice..

21-Nov-17

His some pics of him from last year.

21-Nov-17
Awesome Dave and congrats on a beautiful buck. I'd rather see the bow laying next to him instead of that weird brown thing, but it's all good. Good for you for connecting while most of us are not.. awesome and once again congrats!!! Also congrats to your wife on getting her husband back!!!!!lol

21-Nov-17

shawnm's embedded Photo
shawnm's embedded Photo
Lol

21-Nov-17

shawnm's embedded Photo
shawnm's embedded Photo
LMAO

22-Nov-17
Lots of chasing in my area yesterday but couldn't get lucky with does running my way. Most of the action was in the middle of the day.

22-Nov-17

DeerDan 's embedded Photo
Doe bed next to me in the sun and chewed her cud for a couple hours so I was forced to sit all day.

22-Nov-17

I need one on this trail.

22-Nov-17
nice one...he has a old looking face...

22-Nov-17

Cranial Vault's embedded Photo
Cranial Vault's embedded Photo
Congrats again Dave. Teamwork pays off when you all work together towards a common goal. This is why hunting usually brings out the best in most people and is such a great sport. Keeps us coming back and back for more! Your brother buck says “Hi” once again.

22-Nov-17
Way to go, that's a nice one and I like the story. Must have felt like you were trying to shoot at humming birds. I had the same thing happen to me a few times and you feel stupid swinging your bow/gun in circles trying to get them to stop and get a shot.

22-Nov-17

Yes Jax, we are figuring both bucks between 5.6 and 6.5. Leaning more toward the 6.5

• Sitka Gear