RattlinRack 21-Nov-17
stealthycat 21-Nov-17
RattlinRack 21-Nov-17
z hunter 21-Nov-17
RattlinRack 21-Nov-17
20-Nov-17

RattlinRack's embedded Photo
RattlinRack's embedded Photo
so this is my situation. This is the land i have been hunting i tried to mark it up a little to get some suggestions. pretty much the green arrow is how i come in which leads down a old tractor road. This is pretty much only way onto the land and down to the other part i probably could cross through the woods but its thick and would be pretty loud with leaves and sticks. The red ex is where someone has put up a tree stand which i have sat in a the last two times overlooking that cut corn field. there are also corn fields behind me and to my left. The blue arrow is the way the only deer ive seen which was a buck was coming from. He came walking from the west at about 130 ish while i was walking down the old tractor road to get to the stand. He must of winded me to about 3/4th down the road but we would of crossed right into each other. the black line is a deer trail coming off that road that leads back into the woods where i saw fresh prints the other day along with scrapes and rub line. Some has a game cam about 30 yards in and there is a homemade tree stand about 25 feet up in a tree that might be getting used but its way down the trail. the yellow line was another deer trail i came across coming down the creek which leads into the corn field. Everytime i been out there its just me but im sure there are probably two other people using this land. any suggestions on where i should set up shop next time and some strategies based off this. again have only came across that traveling buck coming from the west down a parallel in front of that thick

21-Nov-17
In the evening, and with any S wind, sit the "creek side" or N side of the "yellow trail" right where it comes into the corn field.

I'd also get back in the timber, on the East end of the "black trail", since you're seeing sign and set up to monitor that trail. Make sure your wind is blowing the opposite direction.

Mind if I ask how old you are Adam?

21-Nov-17

z hunter's embedded Photo
I also like both of these ridge lines, morning thermals will rise, evenings they will sink
I also like both of these ridge lines, morning thermals will rise, evenings they will sink
Is the blue circled area water?

I would buy a climber type stand,..pack it in each time i hunted and try the 3 different red spots..

21-Nov-17
If you notice, the black trail follows the topo contour...be above it in the am and below it in the pm due to thermals

21-Nov-17
Yes that is water in there and i am 24. mostly rifle hunt first bow hunt for me always had a bow but never pursued hunting with it till now i think its more fun and wanted to start

21-Nov-17

stealthycat's embedded Photo
stealthycat's embedded Photo
this just screams pinch/funnel to me .....

21-Nov-17
thats the creek line

21-Nov-17
He can only shoot the west side of there Bradley, the center of the creek is the property line, unless he has permission from the east side landowner.

The property he is hunting is 102 acres.

21-Nov-17
yes exactly and but i might try to sit on top of that trail like everyone suggested in the morning on thanksgiving day then below it in the after noon if the winds are right or hit the left side of the property the way the buck came from at 130 pm

• Sitka Gear