Smoothdraw 25-Nov-17
NickDlow 25-Nov-17
Gman 25-Nov-17
Dr. Deer 26-Nov-17
Wild Bill 26-Nov-17
Dr. Deer 26-Nov-17
24-Nov-17

N8tureBoy's Link
200 yard pistol shot ?!?!? Something doesn't sound quite right here.

24-Nov-17
530 that’s about 70 minutes past sun down

24-Nov-17
Like many online articles, another fine piece of literary work. She was "suddenly shot." Is there any other way to get shot?? Gradually shot??

24-Nov-17
N8tureboy, it sounds like a single shot pistol with a rifle caliber. You can buy them in 7mm-08, 308,30-30 etc.

24-Nov-17
I saw that too and thought that 5:30 would be pitch dark. What a shame for her family.

24-Nov-17
New York sunset is different than CT. No excuse for shooting someone though.

24-Nov-17
True soapdish.

24-Nov-17
Very Sad situation. Hopefully not an excuse in new York for more gun/hunt restrictions. Is that possible?

24-Nov-17
Anything is possible. Years back in CT, an invidual bought a gun and in his mind thought that he was now a deer Hunter. Unfortunately this dbag went out one sun afternoon and shot a guy who was walking his dog, who happened to stop and tie his shoe only to be shot by this a**h/;:. The guy in CT was not a Hunter, no license, no permit, on Sunday, no safety Ed class etc... Was only sentence to a year in jail. Mind boggling.

24-Nov-17
Ten minutes later then ours today

24-Nov-17

notme's embedded Photo
notme's embedded Photo
Either way know your target..sad for all those involved

25-Nov-17
May she rest in peace. I hope justice to be served swiftly. What a tragedy. Wear your Orange, use flashlight, vocalize (sing) your presence at night, know your target, do not take long shots are few things that spring to.mind as tragedy avoidance measures. Shame a life was lost too soon.

25-Nov-17
Should say “Woman Shot by POACHER”. Hunting deer in the dark is poaching.

25-Nov-17
He also shot from a neighbor's property where he did not have permission to hunt.

25-Nov-17
Foul play?

25-Nov-17
We can all hope for justice to be served in this case; what remains however is the fact that lives have been irreparably altered and one, tragically cut short.

Prayers for the family of the woman shot; I can only imagine the hell they are living with now......that is the ultimate injustice here.....

25-Nov-17
I just read that another shooting took place nearby. Someone actually mistook a brown pick up truck for a deer and shot his 7 mm at it. The bullet hit the front fender area and penetrated the engine compartment, disabling the truck. The guy did come out to the road and will face charges. How Is This Possible???

25-Nov-17
Deliverance?

25-Nov-17

>>---CTCrow--->'s embedded Photo

25-Nov-17

25-Nov-17

25-Nov-17

25-Nov-17
What not to wear while walking in the woods.

25-Nov-17
Right on, Crow! Somebody might mistake you for a cat in a Bambi costume...

This whole situation is just such a mess.... you wonder what drives people to make that many horrible decisions in one day....

25-Nov-17
I’d hit that

25-Nov-17
Lol smooth you beat me to it. But that last two look like fawns lol they need a couple years. But seriously some people are just irresponsible and stupid and shouldn’t be around lethal tools.

25-Nov-17
Insane. Should have never happened. What kill zone was he aiming for? I was hunting in Eastern NY several years ago on state land and came across another hunter hunting with a pistol. While standing there chatting I notice a doe sprinting across the field we were in about 250 yards away. I pointed it out to the guy and he turned around and ran towards it opening fire. No regard for the animal or all the hunters in the woods just behind the deer.

26-Nov-17
Crow, really?? Kind of taking this a bit lightly, you think? Think of how it looks..... Getting to the "facts" which local print often mis-represents or just does shoddy work, 200 yards, even with a TC Encore pistol with a rifle caliber (used to use a 7/30 Waters) would take a real expert shooter. Such an expert would not mistake a target. 5:30, is that when the shot was fired or when EMS was notified? I'd bet real money that one or both of those values (the time and the shot length) are not correct and more will be revealed. Right now, only the police know and as with all on-going investigations, there will be no word until later or much later. And I doubt they will issue a correction. Remember Cecil the Lion? That hunter was found to be in compliance with the law but probably only 1% of people know that.

26-Nov-17
I've been reading the comments and find it is so hard for people to wait for "ALL" the details to be known. Anti gun people displaying their hatred are so banal.

From what is known, this was no accident and is criminal on the part of the shooter. The victim could have been any one of us who travel in the woods in gun season. I plan on gun hunting in Pennsylvania. I will be ablaze in orange when I do go, but there is no safety guarantee in wearing that color.

26-Nov-17
True Bill. I once heard of a guy hunting in an orange overall that said "Joe's Garage" on his back. He got shot right in between Joe and Garage.

• Sitka Gear