Hoot 08-Dec-17
ground hunter 08-Dec-17
FTWAC 08-Dec-17
Mike F 08-Dec-17
Hoot 09-Dec-17
ground hunter 10-Dec-17
Novice 19-Dec-17
26-Nov-17
It's with a heart-rending feeling to say my bow huntings days are over. After 50+ years of bowhunting I must hang up the bow. Both of my shoulders are shot. I've been a finger shooter my whole life. I'm looking for a good home for my bow. It's a Hoyt Fast Flite. All I ask is whom ever wants it, is to give it a good home. There are more than 4 dz. arrows and Wilson Black Widow tabs. I would just like to have the postage paid is all. Send me a PM if interested.

Thanks, Hoot

26-Nov-17
Sorry to hear hoot. But very gracious and nice gesture your doing!. What about lowering poundage and using a release? Might keep you in the game

26-Nov-17
I've lowered as far as I dare. Thanks though.

26-Nov-17
Hoot - very generous of you to offer this tackle to someone only for the price of postage. Maybe your trained and experienced tackle will gain a new life in new hands and go on to other field experiences. Even though you now are stepping back from the bowhunting experience a bit you are finding a way to extend it,...a true bowhunter.

26-Nov-17
The fast flight refers to the style of limbs on Hoyts. I am going to go out on a limb and guess it's maybe a Pro Vantage based on the fact that you are a finger shooter. In that era Hoyt also had several wheel options but they all had limited draw length adjustment.

Kudos for your offer to donate the bow to a member. Hopefully you can determine the model, draw length, and poundage to make sure it goes to someone that can use it.

26-Nov-17

Hoot's embedded Photo
Hoot's embedded Photo
Skookumjt - My original card on the bow says Hoyt Fast Flite is all. 55# - 70#'s 29- 30" draw. I've attached a picture.

26-Nov-17

Hoot's embedded Photo
Hoot's embedded Photo
Skookumjt - My original card on the bow says Hoyt Fast Flite is all. 55# - 70#'s 29- 30" draw. I've attached a picture.

26-Nov-17
I think it is a Pro Vantage but I can't see the riser very well when I enlarge the pic. It was a great bow. I shot mu first 60x game with one back in the late eighties. Good luck.

26-Nov-17
Sorry to hear Hoot, very nice of you to do. Hopefully it goes to a good home, and be treated as well as you have treated it. Looks like its in nice shape.

27-Nov-17
Hoot nice gesture. I’m not in the market, but have a question. What is the drop off?

27-Nov-17
Trapper - I believe it's 35% on this bow. I think finger bows have less drop off than the others.

27-Nov-17
My bow has found a new home for a young hunter. I'm so happy to see a young hunter get into the sport of bowhunting. Thanks to all of you that showed sincere interest in this bow. Very much appreciated.

27-Nov-17
That's is really awesome and honorable of you!

27-Nov-17
The reason I asked Hoot regarding the drop-off, is maybe you could get by with your shoulders with a new 75-85 let off. It made a great improvement for my shoulders. Also they are so much more efficient that you don't need the heavier weights that we were so used too. Good Luck with which way you end up going my friend.

27-Nov-17
It would have been 50% if it had the energy wheel or 65% if it had speed cams or the other cam available in that vintage. I can't remember the name of the milder cam than the speed cam.

27-Nov-17
This bow had only a 35% let off. I found that info today on the bow when we tested the let off. Guys - Thanks for the info. I may have to try out some bows with a greater let off. I'd still like to shoot fingers though. It would probably be a disaster with a release in my hand. LOL

27-Nov-17
Hoot,,, here is what I would do.... go to a good bow shop, shoot a bow with 80 percent let off, and shoot 40lbs,,,, a good fmj arrow and a 2 blade fixed head, everything within 25 yards is dead meat...... buy some stretch bands to say loose.... no need to shoot all the time, but no need to quit hunting.......stay tough

27-Nov-17

27-Nov-17
Thanks for the very good advice groundhunter.

27-Nov-17
Hope you can find a path to continue. I'm with ground hunter. You might find a young kid who could make use of your old bow and would welcome some mentoring. I helped a novice take a good buck and I think that I was more excited than if I was taking the shot. There was an extended pregnant pause before the shot that built quite a mixture of anticipation, curiosity and cliff-hanger excitement. It was fun.

27-Nov-17
Orion - You've hit the nail on the head. A young man will be getting the bow as he is being mentored. I feel it's going to a good home.

27-Nov-17
Enjoy it sir! I'd be glad to root around in my gear bins to see if I've got anything extra that I could kick in that your apprentice might need.

28-Nov-17
Great idea @orionsbrother. We should do an old gear clean out once or twice a year. I for one seem to stop at Fleet Farm multiple times a year to buy stuff and end up forgetting I even bought the stuff! We could pool stuff together and donate to someone here that is mentoring a new bow hunter.

28-Nov-17
Great idea Regglezpop!

01-Dec-17
I am the one that was lucky enough to benefit from Hoot's generosity. He's passing his bow on to my mentee Big Brian! Brian is very excited and greatfull to say the least. He's been using my son's bow but it's too light for him and he's not strong enough for my bow. Hoot's bow should be just perfect for him. Since a couple of you brought it up, Brian still needs a few more things. His own knife, a grunt tube, optics and camo (he's xxl so none of my camo fits him). I'm buying him boots for Christmas. If you are interested in donating to his cause pm me for my address. I'll cover any shipping costs.

01-Dec-17
I have the XXL camo. Like new condition. Top and bottoms but it will be for cold weather only, heavy fleece. I also have a new hunting knife set that I got from RMEF that I will include.

01-Dec-17
Shane, I think I do have your address somewhere but cannot locate it right now, if you would care to resend it I believe I can help your mentee with a few bowhunting related items...matter of fact, I know I can. Good luck with this project! Please include his name & address also,...the very first thing I want to send to him is a paid-up membership in the WI Bowhunter's Association. Hope to hear from you.

01-Dec-17
Shane, I think I do have your address somewhere but cannot locate it right now, if you would care to resend it I believe I can help your mentee with a few bowhunting related items...matter of fact, I know I can. Good luck with this project! Please include his name & address also,...the very first thing I want to send to him is a paid-up membership in the WI Bowhunter's Association. Hope to hear from you.

01-Dec-17
I need your address also.

01-Dec-17
Pms have been sent! he knows he's getting the bow but I'm not going to tell him about the other stuff until it arrives so it can be a surprise. Thanks again, you guys are the greatest!

01-Dec-17
I may have an older pair of binos. Will have to dig through some stuff. PM me your address also.

01-Dec-17
Guys, Very generous. We all are getting older for sure. I am not there yet being 58 but I have thought as well about what to do with my gear at some point so my wife won't need to deal with it. For sure sell some, but one day I would like to pass things down. I have a 5yr old grandson and I am hoping he will be the one. Could be. When he comes over the first thing he wants to do is go look at Grandpa's animals (my taxidermy mounts). He goes along naming each critter by type. It's a great thing if we can spark interest in our sport. Anyhow, "good form" guys!

Bill

04-Dec-17
Package shipped today Shane, watch for ups on Wednesday.

04-Dec-17
Sorry to hear about your shoulders Hoot, but have you thought about using a crossbow??? just may be the thing that keeps you in the game.

07-Dec-17
CD - Package shipped yesterday. Scheduled to arrive either today or Friday. Shipped by USPS.

07-Dec-17
FTWAC - I borrowed a x-bow this year to keep in the woods after a two year hiatus after 55 years of bow hunting. I shot a deer and it was very anti-climatic for me. There was no challenge what-so-ever. It's just another tool out of the box to kill deer easier. I didn't want to mention it on here as this was a bow site, but FYI I lobbied hard for the non-use of x-bows during the bow season. Will I use one again, at this time probably not.

08-Dec-17
Hoot,,,, I had another trip to the surgeons yesterday in Milwaukee,,,,, they now let me drive, and said I am healing well,,,, anyway, we talked about me pulling back my bow,,,, the top surgeon told me, to go slow, and if it hurts do no pull it,,, However he said, to use flex bands, to make my muscles, comfortable again, ,,,, that and my work outs, will bring it back.....

I was thinking of you,,,,, so again, go with a light bow, lets say 45lbs, and get 80 percent let off, and build up your strength with the flex bands,,,,, if 45 is too much, bring it down to 40lbs, modern compound will deliver enough power, and anyways we all shoot deer close anyway.......

08-Dec-17
Ground hunter - Thanks for the info. After the first of the year I'll start looking at all my options and it seems like right now a light weight bow is the way I'll go. Thanks again guys.

08-Dec-17
go see Up North, he could set you up well

08-Dec-17
Hoot, I understand what you are saying as I never thought I would ever hunt with a crossbow, but realize that the day will come when I can no longer use a compound and as much as I love to hunt and enjoy the outdoors I may have to entertain that possibility, maybe you could try to make the hunt more challenging, hunt from the ground, try to get the deer within 10 yards of your set up, after all the kill is ok, but the journey to that specific moment in time is what makes hunting truly rewarding.

Carl

08-Dec-17
Hoot - Are you right or left handed? Approx draw length?

I am sure we can find you something that you can comfortably draw and shoot. Remember to take it slow an easy like groundhunter says.

09-Dec-17
I'm right handed with a thirty inch draw.

10-Dec-17
Hoot,,, I am going to try a Matthew Genesis bow, from my bow shop to keep my muscles working,,,,, the surgery has affected my neck muscles, which do not allow me to draw, since the surgeons thought, I might be able to shoot light bows.....

The new plan is the gym, the pool etc, probably 6 months till I know for sure, if I can shoot again,,,,,, if I can not, I can guarantee you I will have a crossbow,,,,, its all about the hunt for me

19-Dec-17
Crusader, shipping Binos out today for Big Bri. It took awhile, but I finally found where they were buried. Lol

• Sitka Gear