DeerDan 05-Dec-17
Emmitt 05-Dec-17
bjstcrusn 05-Dec-17
DeerDan 06-Dec-17
soapdish 06-Dec-17
26-Nov-17

travistroop's embedded Photo
travistroop's embedded Photo
I got two little ones this morning, and that wraps up my season. One trophy with the bow, one little 5 pt with the muzzle loader on lottery area and the two little dumb dumbs with the crossbow for the good eats.

26-Nov-17
Oh and I eating 3 more tags, I just don't need any more meat. Oh the dumb dumbs were killed behind my house in the "meat market" I have alot of deer around my place in montville

26-Nov-17
Sounds like one big dumb dumb...what a shame!

26-Nov-17
Full draw, what's shameful about meat in the freezer? The little ones taste like veal.

26-Nov-17
And they were shot on my land, both were does. What I'm hoping for is to take down the doe numbers so I get more bucks cursing through my property. With the hight nuber of deer they never need to go far to find a doe.

26-Nov-17
Congrates on the skilpers. Just left the shop and seen them up there. And I can't really BELEIVE People are even bashing for trying to cull the herd. And again I bet they have no clue the population of deer in your area. Travis. .. well I personally due as I hunt not far from you and I will tell you there is a lot of smaller deer and crap racks due to the over population. . Honestly I'm looking for the young does to harvest . And keep the older breeders around to get the big boys in. ...

26-Nov-17
You kill all the Dumd dumb and cry there are no deer a shopping bag of cop meat A shame but it is legal so I shouldn't say anything

26-Nov-17
One thing to shoot a fawn which I also have but it’s another with the picture shown above. Could have been a little more tasteful.

26-Nov-17
IMHO, vulgar photo and crass attitude in calling them dumb dumbs.

26-Nov-17
Dumplings is more like it. I used to shoot em too. Just not much meat. I stopped when the butcher felt bad for charging me and I got about 12 packages of meat back.

26-Nov-17
I disagree with several posts and see nothing wrong with taking deer that aren't wild enough. Stupid, tame deer should die (and be eaten) so they never acquire matriarchal status in a doe family group. That's what nature would do, if it were bear and cougar hunting them. Deer that don't spook are not good for the species. That being said, I kill the ones that are too smart too, because when the spot me they ruin the set for the season.

26-Nov-17
Ok I totally understand that the pic could have been more classy. Bow if you can get two deer with a crossbow and rope cocker from a tree stand than they weren't smart deer. When I need meat I take meat, and that is the best meat the woods have to offer. I don't shoot every thing. I've passed on alot of deer this year. I was meat hunting, that's why I had the crossbow. And I definitely see people post small deer on hear and I don't say anything.

26-Nov-17

DeerDan 's embedded Photo
DeerDan 's embedded Photo
If I see big groups of does I usually take a medium size one. Here's a pic of one I was able to get last Sunday.

28-Nov-17
I didn't get a deer 'yet' but basically at this point whatever walks by is going to get taken. As you said, the goal is Meat. A trophy rack is a bonus.

28-Nov-17
Cant eat horns. . And if I have to shoot a buck the younger the better. . I trophy hunt after the freezer is full.

28-Nov-17
Great looking deer DD.

29-Nov-17
Thanks Crow! I added red wine this time and it came really good.

29-Nov-17
SWK I didn't think of that, i only used a half cup per 10lbs. and they seem to be frozen.

03-Dec-17

steve's embedded Photo
steve's embedded Photo

steve's Link
I must have a smaller cart than you this is how they should fit lol

05-Dec-17
I DONT THINK THIS SPECIFIC THIS SPECIFIC PHOTO REPRESENTS OUR SPORT VERY WELL OR HELPS BOWHUNTING IN GENERAL... I'm ALL FOR HARVESTING YOUNGER HEALTHY DEER WHEN THE HABITAT CANNOT SUSTAIN THEM... I TRULY AM A MEAT HUNTER... I LOVE BUTCHERING, PREPARING AND EATING VENISON... HARVEST THE PRECIOUS DEER ACCORDING TO OUR STATE LAWS BUT RESPECT THE DEER... WHAT WOULD A YOUNGER HUNTER GET FROM THAT PHOTO...?

05-Dec-17
Suasages?

05-Dec-17
deerdan do you have that specific recipe... for sausage

05-Dec-17
Full draw lmao!

06-Dec-17
Emmitt I made it in 10 lb. batches using a 70/30 ground mix of venison and pork butt trimmings. used 4 tbsp. salt 4 tbsp. coarse black pepper 2 1/2 tbsp. fennel seed 1 tbsp. garlic powder 1 1/2 tbsp. crushed red pepper I used 1/2 to 3/4 cup Chianti wine but you could use water. Mixed and stuffed in casings using Lem #5 grinder. I let them sit in the refrigerator for a day or two before freezing so flavors blend.

06-Dec-17
I just made some ground sausage. 60/40 mix. Arnold's meats sells spice packs for $3, seasons up to 25lbs. They have many different flavors. Next time I may attempt to put it in casings

• Sitka Gear