Ace 29-Nov-17
notme 29-Nov-17
Bigbuckbob 29-Nov-17
SixLomaz 29-Nov-17
>>---CTCrow---> 29-Nov-17
notme 29-Nov-17
Dr. Williams 30-Nov-17
27-Nov-17
I have a question, I have seen bucks together during the day a few days ago and at night on November 15th. I pulled into the field I bow hunt the day before rifle season and watched four bucks eating all together. two of them were sniffing each other's face, i thought i was going to witness a fight but they didn't. A few days ago I jumped about 6 deer bedded down at 9 am and there were at least three bucks. The reason I ask is, does this mean they are not in full rut right now?

27-Nov-17
bump

28-Nov-17
I have video of two good size bucks traveling together last Friday. Hope to get one more shot at them. Thinking maybe they are bothers

28-Nov-17
I also have nocturnal pictures of 2 - 3 bucks together as well. Very unusual but the rut prediction for this year calls for a long and slow rut.

28-Nov-17
Six, that's kind of why I was inquiring. If they are sticking together and not fighting the rut is either coming slow or not in full bloom. that's a good thing for me, haven't connected yet this year. freezer is echoing.

28-Nov-17
It's a good question. I've not seen multiples of bucks together this fall... though I rarely do. I have seen older bucks with real young ones (1.5YO's) through the season (in the past, not recently). Almost seems like if the pecking order is firmly set, they can tolerate each other.

Or, there are just many does in the area and thus competition is less so they are more tolerant of each other.

28-Nov-17
That's what happens when WB cuts their nuts off.

28-Nov-17
WB?

28-Nov-17
White buffalo

28-Nov-17
Yeah. So we're on Staten Island now?

28-Nov-17
Crow you were right, he must sit there waiting for someone to mention White Buffalo.

28-Nov-17
Ace, as always, your contributions to these threads are invaluable. Thanks. We are all a few IQ points higher thanks to you.

29-Nov-17
White Buffalo

29-Nov-17
Ive been seeing forkies and 6 pts just chilin with eachother and not even paying attention to the does

29-Nov-17
White Buffalo

29-Nov-17
White Buffalo

29-Nov-17
Stop it! He can't sleep. His alarm keeps going off.

29-Nov-17
If you say white buffalo 3 times is like beetlejuice...

30-Nov-17
White Buffalo.

• Sitka Gear