N8tureBoy 02-Dec-17
Gene 02-Dec-17
Ridgehunter 02-Dec-17
notme 03-Dec-17
SixLomaz 03-Dec-17
notme 03-Dec-17
bigbuckbob 04-Dec-17
27-Nov-17
Who's the oldest guy on this site hitting the woods? Who still goes up a tree with a climber? Who uses a ladder stand or hunts from the ground? Who remembers where they parked the truck? Who knows who the president of the United States is? Who knows the date?

I'll be 67 yrs old on Dec 28th and if you want to send my a gift I can forward you my address. I still use a summit portable stand and climb a tree each time out, except with still hunting.

27-Nov-17
How about a bib?

27-Nov-17
It aint the age its the mileage ! Somebody give BBB a medal

27-Nov-17
Or depends?

27-Nov-17
They're probably interchangeable. It's likely he can't remember which end the food goes in and which end it comes out.

27-Nov-17
GOING ON 62 AND STILL USING TWO DIFFERENT API CLIMBERS AND SEVERAL LADDER STANDS. 80% OF THE TIME I HUNT ALONE AND AVERAGE 50 DAYS A YEAR HUNTING WITH A BOW, RIFLE, OR MUZZLELOADER. USUALLY HARVEST 2 TO 3 DEER A YEAR WITCH FEEDS MY WIFE AND I AND DAUGHTER AND GRANDKIDS. I DO ALL THE WORK AND HOPE TO KEEP GOING FOR SEVERAL MORE YEARS. MY BOTTOM LINE IS THERE IS NOTHING BETTER OR HEALTHIER THAN HIKING AND HUNTING AND BEING OUTSIDE.

27-Nov-17
Come on guys, someone has to be older than me on this site. WB??

27-Nov-17
Bob,

Suffer, old man.

"Who remembers where they parked the truck?" But then remembering how to drive is the challenge.

27-Nov-17
sorry...39 but I already feel as if a ground blind is better on my body than stands..I do hunt out of a ladder stand though

27-Nov-17
I turned 69 in early November and if I recall Wild Bill is a little older than me. I gave up climbers several years ago as I found them annoying to carry and set up. I have several treestands set up on a few properties. Still hunting with a rifle or tracking up north are probably my favorite ways to hunt deer and if I take one deer a year , I am happy! Over the years , I have gone on elk and caribou hunts and deer hunts out of state. My away hunts for the last 5 years are up to northern NH or Maine for woodcock and grouse. Love spending time in the big woods with my Brittanies.

27-Nov-17
67 this November still climb sticks and ladder stands never was much for climbers before still bow hunt all the time changed to xbow this year just couldrnt pull my bow back still try to hold off for a big guy as Lon get as I can lol. Not 16 years thou lol

27-Nov-17
Ok, now that's better. 69 and 67 and still out there. Im also getting to the point where I would rather still hunt than sit in a tree all day.

27-Nov-17
I'm 65, also still climbing tree's. I shoot my Hoyt Pro Defiant almost every day. Took an 8pt with xbow this year. Hope to have many more years in the woods.

27-Nov-17
I turned 71 in October and recently hunted sev en strait days in Colorado hiking 6-7 mikes per day at 7500 to 8500 feet! Als still hunt all seasons and use a Tree Lounger self climbing stand. But hey my new hunting buddy Pete is 77 and still works part time (25 hours per week). I plan to hunt until I'm 90, Lord willing! ????

27-Nov-17
I turned 71 in October and recently hunted sev en strait days in Colorado hiking 6-7 mikes per day at 7500 to 8500 feet! Als still hunt all seasons and use a Tree Lounger self climbing stand. But hey my new hunting buddy Pete is 77 and still works part time (25 hours per week). I plan to hunt until I'm 90, Lord willing! ????

27-Nov-17
Bob, ill be 57 on the 23rd..my body is shot, the facilties are fading making me sometimes wish they'd let me back into what ever ward they let me out of..ill take 3 leaks and 2dumps within an hr of leaving the house on the way to what ever spot i decide..my harness /vest looks like some sort of demented rorschach test..ill spend 10mins doing the curly shuffle putting it on...i dont worry much about the crunchy leaves cause the horn section of a collegic marching band seems to follow close by while im trying not to snicker and laugh...i get to my sticks and have to remember right left right left before i climb...once me and the bow are secure i face the sun,raise my middle finger and give a hearty laugh..

But anyway you look at it , youll always be older than me...lol

27-Nov-17
47 here. just took up hunting about 4 years ago. love it. I love to be outside and hunting has allowed me to see hawks, owls, fox, raccoons, bobcat, squirrels and the occasional deer ;) I have only taken deer from my blind, but I have several stands that I use. I also like to make use of the natural blinds where I can.

27-Nov-17
Shoot Notme, I’m 39 and take 3 leaks and 2 dumps before I leave the house. Only takes one coffee.

27-Nov-17
Bob, that's awesome on your b-day - enjoy it!

Its disappointing that no one has noted this birthday means you have only shot 4 deer. :) Kidding :)!!!!

It's awesome you are out there hiking round with the climber and enjoying it. Stay healthy and you have years more of that!

Will

27-Nov-17
Pay attention there spike, this is a whole new playing field...lol

27-Nov-17
Has anyone here, young or old, given a serious thought to switching to a mostly plant based diet with venison/moose/elk/fish meat from wild only once a week and on major occasions? Maybe that will help reduce or eliminate some of the conditions associated with having a mostly farm raised animal protein based diet. That is no meat, dairy, eggs from industrialized farms, and reduced quantities from the wild.

27-Nov-17
Six my diet is that way now, I eat venison and eggs from my chickens and the rest is a plant based diet. I am 45 run an average of 60 miles per week and just won the male 45-49 division in the Manchester road race. You can be healthy and in great shape on that type of diet.

27-Nov-17
BBB my hunting mentor was 77 this year, this year he did not get to hunt because the cancer he had took his life. I will be forever grateful for the knowledge, laughter, success and failures we shared. He opened up with his knowledge and his land to use as it was my own. Hunting will never be the same for me but I would not change or trade the experience and time for anything in the world. He was a great man and I will be forever thankful for the time I had with him.

28-Nov-17

Dr. Deer's embedded Photo
Dr. Deer's embedded Photo
58. I climb trees as I always did but in the early and late season it takes concentration. I used to climb like a monkey. Now I climb like a koala bear. But I still get up there, hunt with either compound or recurve, depending upon where I am and how much time I have to follow up hits, and how much I have been practicing with the stick bow. I hope it's a while before I can only enjoy it from a ladder stand and a crossbow on my lap.

28-Nov-17

Wild Bill's embedded Photo
Wild Bill's embedded Photo
Gene spilled the beans, yeah, I just turned 69 a couple of weeks before Gene. I still climb to position my feet, fifteen to eighteen feet off the ground. Of course, I exercise all year long to stay in shape for the hunting I like. I cycle spring and summer, take occasional walks with the wife. In winter I get out on snowshoes, whenever possible, and use my NordicTrack machine indoors. 2017 I began to focus my workouts on my shoulders and arms. I began shooting IBO state championship events, with the goal of taking the Senior Traditional category championship for the New England Championship series. I succeeded and tried the IBO World Championship where I was trounced.

I watch my diet and make sure I get bowel cleansing fiber, vegatables and fruit frequently. I am subject to low sugar shakes and find that cheese or whole milk yogurt provides enough protein to balance me out.

My treestand is a Summit Clearshot climber, no longer made, but deploys like a hang on. That is, no bar in front of me, no side rails on the seat, no fold up foot rest. Since I shoot a 62",55# recurve, I need open space to maneuver the lower limb, especially the straight down shots, my specialty.

I know that someday I may not be able to climb and hunt, maybe in my nineties. But then I can focus more on the snowshoe biathlons. That is, wood frame snowshoes and side lock black powder rifle, on a two mile course. There are usually ten targets divided between four shooting stations, with a deduction of five minutes travel time for each target hit. This season, I hope to earnestly contend for a senior division championship.

28-Nov-17
Brianbowhunter - your story is what I LOVE about hunting. I was able to take my friend's 14 yr old son turkey and deer hunting and was there when he got his first turkey and saw his first deer on stand. It brought back all of the excitement I had in my youth and the joy he had was overwhelming. You were given a gift from the heart and I'm glad you realize how lucky you are, that says something about your character! Straightarrow and Will - I tip my hat to you both!! I think we should organize a bus trip from the senior's home to Maine for a hunting trip :)

28-Nov-17
I'll be 65 Dec 24, shot two deer this year, both up in a ladderstand. one with a Halon 6 one with a 30/06 :>)

28-Nov-17
Dec. 5th, I'll be 61. I have ladder stands for my small private land spots, and I use my Viper for anywhere else.

28-Nov-17
@Wild Bill: Are you the tall blond hair guy in the back row to the left in the picture?

28-Nov-17
Bob, I've never hunted Maine... I'm in.

BrianBowhunter nailed it on the diet end. Game is a super part of a healthy diet.

28-Nov-17
I'm with you guys when it comes to staying in shape. Everything you do is more fun when you can enjoy it without worrying about a heart attack. Just walking around the hill towns of Tuscany was a work out, just ask my wife!! I worry about her!

28-Nov-17
Big 5-0 a few days after BBB. Down hill from here.

02-Dec-17
BBB you and I have the same birthday.. Albeit 12 years apart.

02-Dec-17
12/28/1950 where did time go?

02-Dec-17
45...keep your diet from the wild and you will be just fine...keep it organic and stay away from GMO and processed everything....be hunting till i'm 90 but with a bad knee it might be from ground blinds

02-Dec-17
Will be 50 in April. My goal is to be healthier at 50 than I was at 40, but I lost a little ground at Thanksgiving

02-Dec-17
Here's my advice for staying healthy - drink bourbon or red wine, not beer!

02-Dec-17
55, still using a Summit climber and every year it's seems to get heavier. I use ladder stands on my private properties. My goal is to keep up on my exercise program so I could keep doing this sport well into my retirement.

03-Dec-17
Jax,im going the 4th for work on my knee..ill let you know when im 90 how its going

03-Dec-17
It's getting cold boys. The days ahead are shorter and shorter and before we know it poof we are nothing but dust in the universe. No complaints and no regrets, just the natural clock ticking slower as it should. The point of life is to understand why we are here, not why we have to work like machines in shifts of 8 - 12 hours.

03-Dec-17
Geez six, im still trying to figure mary ann or ginger, wonder woman or cat girl,wilma or betty...uuuuugh

04-Dec-17
What happened to Six? Was he always this way or did he go through some kind of spiritual awakening? As for me, Ginger, Wonder Woman and Betty.

• Sitka Gear