Outdoorsman 02-Dec-17
JayD 02-Dec-17
Little Bear 02-Dec-17
pawpaw 03-Dec-17
WVLineman 03-Dec-17
27-Nov-17

sundaynwv's embedded Photo
sundaynwv's embedded Photo
Why does sportsmen in other stats get so much more information?

If I'm correct, deer numbers weren't released until end of year last year? Un excusable.

27-Nov-17
Better charge your ipad. LOL

I believe the state likes to keep the common person in the dark so that no factual arguments can be made.

30-Nov-17

JayD's Link
Just saw this and I am sure some of you probably have seen it as well.

01-Dec-17
We get less for our sportsmans dollar. That is for sure. Go to another states website and see for yourself.

40,000 deer or 40,000 bucks?

01-Dec-17
Logan 41 and Mingo 42? Well, that's 83 less on gun season totals.

01-Dec-17
Well some might tend to disagree with you Sunday - we sure have heck a lot more public land available to our hunters - which needs to be maintained than what some surrounding states have compared to us.

01-Dec-17
With computerized records now it could be posted daily

01-Dec-17
wow. It says deer so I assume it is all deer. It doesn't say bucks in the headlines. Even if they are all bucks the buck kill will be down from last year it looks like since there are only 2 days left. 40,000 deer total would be way down I would say. Anyone know what the total number of deer killed was for the gun season last year?

01-Dec-17
Monongahela National Forest was not purchased by sportsmans dollars. Along with The George Washington and New River make up most of our public land. Other states, like Kentucky, have army bases that are open to public hunting but not listed as public land.

Other states have weekly updates, we don't. Look at the info available on the Indiana DNR website and look what info is available to sportsmen in wv.

01-Dec-17
So when I have been stopped by WV DNR officers to check my license when I have been in both National Forest are you saying they should not have been there? So we count military bases but not NF land? And even taking off the NF - WV still has more state public hunting land than KY and OH.

What we just started the electronic check in system like 2 years ago - yes I would like to see some more but I think I can allow them some more time before condemning them over everything....

01-Dec-17
Left field

And the DNR website, and info that could be posted, have been available for years.

01-Dec-17
I'm missing something. Why is it important to post weekly, daily harvest numbers. Is this information somehow going to help my daily hunts? Is it going to benefit outdoorsman in some decision making about were to go hunting the next day?

While I see things in my opinion that the dnr could do better I don't see this as a short coming. Please someone inform me why a member of our dnr should be wasting time to sort and catalog this information then transferring it over to their website and contacting news outlets to post this information. GrAnted they do it all by computer but I'd like to think that whoever is not doing this is maybe doing something beneficial to us like catching poachers or investigating poachers or maybe working on their cases that could be coming up in court.

One other question is it more important to maintain public information all year or in this case during hunting season or in forcing game laws. That brings another question do these other states have a outside group helping with their cyber side or is maintained by their dnr officers. How is it funded. To accomplish.

Maybe just maybe when attacking a agency about their short comings come with all the information to present your case instead of misleading general statements to create dissent.

Just some free thinking thoughts.

01-Dec-17
Well said Outdoorsman!

01-Dec-17
It's a click of a button. That easy.No one has to sort or utilize info.

Updating a website.

Info and education is a good thing.

What's the likelihood of these states having the same program?

01-Dec-17
It's a click of the button, am i to assume you are privey to the dnr computer system. You must have info thats credible on exactly how the system works from our call in check ins to the biological check stations and the Manuel check ins our dnr officers do in the field. Please share with us the computer program information that circulates all this into real time data that's a mouse click away for us. The servers are they state owned or are they outsourced.

Agreed info is important but it's only as important as the person using it and if their using it correctly I see you posting alot of graphs and charts but with no supporting information or context of said information. It is well documented through out history that accurate information is used inaccurately to push agendas and illadvised causes. You are masterful at posting just enough info to support your statements but yet not thourogh enough to prove it. Sorta like first cousin to fake news.

Your statement what's the likely hood of these states having the same program? Well the art of presenting a question to answer a question to try and avoid answering is old. Come prepared to support your charts and blanket statements or don't do it. It's old your sorta like a one trick poney trying to relive some lost fame. Before trying to hold others to accountability for their info or lack there of maybe you should try yours.

01-Dec-17
Well I can tell you as soon as I see a graph I fall asleep faster than I did in school.,

01-Dec-17
I love graphs and statistics. I used to tutor it in college. One click is how it was presented and actually how it is. It actually runs 5 minutes behind real-time. The complicating factor is hunters checking the wrong box or putting wrong info in( usually a mistake and not intentional. Unverified results can be pulled up at anytime. However to get corrected verified results usually take a couple of days after season to get tabulated. In last couple of years with e-check the unverified and verified results have statistically been very close.

02-Dec-17
Outdoorsman,

One trick pony? Lost fame?

Are you a new member? Seems a little aggressive.

Jayd,

Do you know this guy? Seems to have come in and took your side?

02-Dec-17
Sunday,

I have no clue who it is - but got to admit I think he is pretty much spot on. You talk about being aggressive quite a few of us think you are as well. I think you do some very good things but I think some of your and Gobblers ideas for better management are just completely wrong. In here and in your group at first I tried be civil and share my input but just got tired of seeing people pushed out (ask to leave) or belittled because they didn’t completely agree with ya. I was going to continue to expand on this and figured it was time to stop because way to often a thread goes completely off-track and I don’t want to do that here. And when I say that I know I am as guilty as anybody in doing that. So if you want to continue the conversation we can start another post or PM - either would be fine.

Again I do not know this outdoorsman but I do agree with what he has said so far. I am simple I don’t add the handles to identified myself - just so I can recognize who I am I will always use my name least I forget who I am! LOL

02-Dec-17
Exactly sportoutfitter. I thought this might be a different place to gain knowledge about my passion. But unfortunately it's the same as any other wv outdoor website. To much listen to me I know everything.

Aggressive not in the least or no more than you. Sorry didn't realize that membership time gave a person rights or leeway on posts. Must of missed that in the forum rules.

I'll remove myself from the site since I'm to aggressive, apologies to the members of this site.

02-Dec-17
I see no need for you to remove yourself from here.

02-Dec-17
Me either. The more the merrier!

03-Dec-17
You shouldn't quit the site just because some people have a problem with your views. More people probably share your views than you think. When I joined a couple years ago I posted a lot. I know virtually no one that hunts like I do so I thought this site would be good to share information and ideas and stories. Then certain people started making unneeded comments and such so I backed off posting. I absolutely didn't join the site to fight all the time.

No comments in my post are directed towards anyone specific.

03-Dec-17
I’m just glad people are still buying a license and hunting. Seems like by the end of my lifetime, there may not be too many hunters left.

• Sitka Gear