notme's embedded Photo
notme's embedded Photo
notme's embedded Photo
notme's embedded Photo
notme's embedded Photo
notme's embedded Photo
notme's embedded Photo
notme's embedded Photo
WTF!!!!!! i pull into the parking area to take down stands and find this gut pile 10'from the road right on the trail head..this water co area had JUST opened up this year, is a popular hiking trail and stupid crap like this will shut it right down!!! ARE YOU THAT F@#KING LAZY!!! you took the time to put it in a bag ,why leave it?? Drag it in the woods and dump it if you dont want it!!!. The only vehicles i ever see here consistantly are from vt and mass but that doesnt mean it cant be local..

29-Nov-17
is that a gut pile? why would someone bag a gut pile?

29-Nov-17
Like my grandmother said: you see it you pick it up. Have fun and thank you.

29-Nov-17
Its a gut pile..i dont understand crap like this

29-Nov-17
It is a test. Nothing to understand. Yes you CAN.

29-Nov-17
Notme. Yes... "We" are. I use quotes because if you enjoy hunting enough to seek out a website and actually join it and post and stuff, you are probably the upper 10% of the hunting universe in terms of how important you feel it is and how you approach it.

I've said this on the MA page, maybe here... so sorry if you all have heard it before, but in the late 70's my home town, which is very forested for MA, came real close to banning hunting without written land owner permission. I know in many states that's the norm, but in MA, in the 70's and 80's... that was rare. Even now, most towns with similar laws are near population centers (most). So a very rural town going that way at that point in time was very rare. Why was it on the table? "hunters" who would come out, drink all night, hunt hung over, shoot street signs, leave beer cans all over, drive posted land or walk right past houses doing drives etc.

It's crap like that, and like the pic you posted Notme, that make a lot of people assume hunters are just a bunch of backwoods hicks. Frustrating.

Whoever left that bag, is a total jackwagon. Unreal.

29-Nov-17
Wheh i first pulled in i thought some ahole dumped some garbage after a stroll..when i saw the blood i thought maybe a local anti saving meat scrapes and trying to pull something,they have done stranger things..but when i saw the fur i automatically knew it was one of "us".. Ive heard stories from other hunters and non hunter in town that live by water co property on how out of state guys would leave whole carcasses and gut piles by the road side just to bugger up the place..thats not saying some of our local yokels arent shitheads either..

Piss enough people off and itll get shut down, not just water co but anywhere..we're a growing minority ,when the hell are we going to learn!!!

29-Nov-17
Seen it before in public parking areas with deer parts/skin. That bag definitely came from elsewhere. Private property hunters looking for a place to dump it because landowners want them removed from their property and they are too lazy to dispose of the appropriate way. No one hunting that spot would do that. Sucks any way you look at it.

29-Nov-17
There will always be people that do these kind of things. Both local as well as out of state. Best thing to do is remove and police our own.

29-Nov-17
Not only do I take out what I bring in, but I also pick up someone else's crap (well, not their crap, just their trash). I HATE slobs like this, and it's not just hunters, but a gut pile can only point to one group, or one LEGAL group. I would have dragged it to the side and taken it out of the bag and cover it with some leaves. Then if someone did see it, they would think a coyote or bobcat or bear killed something. THAT would be cool to them, as long as man didn't kill it.

29-Nov-17
And are own also steals our cams and stands. I’ve always said a hunter is either a great dude or the biggest a hole you ever met. Think that is bad you should have seen the slob hunters down in VA when I lived there.

29-Nov-17
Black Friday I went to Cabela's and same thing some jack a$$ tossed a carcuss in the parking lot . SMH . Years ago I hunted Skiff Mtn and where we park someone kept leaving the carcusses they only took the backstraps and quarters and the parking spot was by the horse rink so you know non hunters would see it .

29-Nov-17
Hunters are just a slice of the rest of the population.

29-Nov-17
Same problem when fishing. Guys leave all their garbage behind. At the base of a scenic waterfall in Newtown some idiot left a six pack of beer bottles some of them smashed.

And yeah my friend and I picked it all up- at the end of the day we lose if we do not take responsibility for the idiots

These are on private property many times and at some point the owners will disallow access

29-Nov-17
Humans - not a fan. I can't believe some of the crap I've seen in the woods and on trails...

29-Nov-17
Definitely not a good look for us. SWK I put the skin, head, bones, etc in trash bags and take them to the dump.

29-Nov-17
My guess is that it wasn't anyone that hunts there. It is someone that hunts a small parcel of private property and can't field dress there. They take the deer home, field dress into a bag and then dropped it there.

I tell you because I hunt small private properties and field dress at home but I take it to the dump.

29-Nov-17
i leave the guts in the feild and throw the head, skin and bones in paines trash bin for curbside pick-up.

29-Nov-17
WE? I resemble that remark and resent it. Just like the press saying an obvious poacher is a hunter.

Wow! You can't pee in the woods there?

Directions for a poo pack pvc tube can be found in the book,"How To Shit In The Woods", by Kathleen Meyer. Chapter 7 deals with doing without toilet paper, very informative.

29-Nov-17
Slob sportsmen. I see it all the time while fishing like Rich said. I always bring garbage out. In fact, last week I took home some hunters abandonded 20 year old home made tree stand that the metal strap holding it on the tree had rusted in half. Nobody wants trash in the woods or water. Slobs!

29-Nov-17
Notme, I've seen this before in the Naugatuck state forest 2 years ago. A Vermont plate truck was parked in front a gate entrance on my drive in. On my drive out there was a steaming gut pile and a (very well almost Native American like) skinned Hyde was draped over the access gate like a conquered flag. It was sacrificial looking, creepy as all hell, but I never saw the truck again.

29-Nov-17
Just messed up V totally messed up

29-Nov-17
I leave it or place in the woods and put a trail camera on it, it's usually gone over night or next day, every one and thing has to eat so the parts go back into the animals of the forest.

29-Nov-17
Buzzards gotta eat same as the worms...i bag the fur then tossem at work for the yotes..

30-Nov-17
I put my gut pile out of site and it usually gone by day or two, I agree people are making a mess of the woods. They use it as dumping ground for garbage etc-- first class JERKS

30-Nov-17
I left a gut pile 60 yards from my stand thinking no big deal the coyotes will find it. Boy was I wrong and it sure stunk in September when I was on the stand!

01-Dec-17
I beleive that while hunters do refelect each portion of sociery, a percent good and bad. They actually have a higher percent of responsibil law abiding citizens. With power comes responsibility and the power to take an animal requires responsiblity. Yes there are bad apples but the bad ones come and go quickly. Studies show conceal carry holders are sigificantally less likely to have problems with the law. Its my belief that its the same for hunters in general.

01-Dec-17
Oneeye - I would agree that people that follow the letter of the law by going through the proper training and obtaining permits to carry a side arm do so because they are concerned about safety and believe in following the rules, in this case the law. It's the people that skirt the process and are labeled "hunters" and "NRA cardholders" who are in fact "POACHERS" and "CRIMINALS" that are the problem. These are the people that don't care about littering laws, speed limits, drug laws, drinking and driving laws, etc. Societal mis-fits!!

01-Dec-17

tobywon's Link
From the PA forum for a real scumbag move, starts about half way down thread.

01-Dec-17

tobywon's Link
From the PA forum for a real scumbag move, starts about half way down thread.

01-Dec-17

tobywon's Link
Try this one

01-Dec-17
"Studies show conceal carry holders are sigificantally less likely to have problems with the law."

Well..... Duh.

Tobywon's link: some dirtbag had the nerve to steal the head off of a buck that had been dropped off at a meat processor's place. The hunter (19 & Female) had a pic of the non-typical rack and it has made the paper, the news, and of course Social Media...

I don't get wrapped up in antlers the way a lot of people do, but it's a shame that she'll never get the rack back, simply because... stealing.

02-Dec-17
Should be easy to send photos to local taxidermists in case the antlers head that way (pun intended)

• Sitka Gear