sitO 01-Dec-17
Thornton 01-Dec-17
Rambo 01-Dec-17
sitO 02-Dec-17
Lord o' horns 02-Dec-17
One Arrow 05-Dec-17
Genesis 06-Dec-17
30-Nov-17
My buddy and I are having a "discussion"...

First, when is the Kansas gun season? I think it has always been 10 days starting the Wednesday after Thanksgiving. Is that correct?

Second, are they thinking of opening it earlier? He thinks that they are considering opening rifle season 2 weeks earlier. Is there any truth to that?

30-Nov-17
Wednesday after Thanksgiving, runs 12 days, to the second Sunday following. Been that way for at least 30 years. For that same amount of time rumors of an earlier opener. It’s been discussed at some commission meetings but no action has been taken.

30-Nov-17
Micheal... Not to call you a horse but I consider your answer to be definitive... almost straight from the horse's mouth...

30-Nov-17

z hunter's Link
Depends where you hunt.

30-Nov-17
Mad, been called a Horse’s Azz, more than a few times.

30-Nov-17
Yes, yes he has

30-Nov-17
If you mean very first season, it was 1965 and don't recall if it was 3 days or 5 days. After a few years it got expanded to 9 days. Few more years and expanded to present 12 days, plus all the extra seasons.

As far as opening earlier, someone brings it up every year as Michael says, but there are no plans to make any changes for next year.

30-Nov-17
Interesting new license regulations... Valid 365 days from date of purchase..seems very nice.

30-Nov-17
and "auto-renewable" if you want to set them up that way. So glad I got the lifetime H&F when I was in my 20's!

30-Nov-17
sitO does the lifetime h&f include deer and turkey? Checked out Missouri when lived there and I believe it was only small game.

30-Nov-17
No, just the regular license's...anything that requires a permit/tag/stamp must still be purchased separately. You'd have to move to TX for that, and nobody in their right mind would do such a thing.

30-Nov-17
Lifetime hunt SHOULD only apply to small game for any hunter who gets it,.. Non-residents should not get to buy deer and turkey permits at resident costs.

30-Nov-17
Thanks sitO, I'm a resident now and couldn't see tags being included. I agree z.

30-Nov-17
With two kids living out of state, I disagree.

01-Dec-17
A lifetime license for small game is useless and MUCH less valuable. No one would spend $600 to get to come back and chase bunnies and pheasant. If you want to make is just small game, then just eliminate it. No one would buy it....

I love it now. I have to buy deer and turkey tags. But I get to buy them at resident rates and resident quotas.

I have spent a LOT of money on hunting. My lifetime Kansas license is by FAR the best money that I have spent.

01-Dec-17
I hope they made the requirements and proof of residency much more difficult than it used to be for a lifetime hunt & fish in Kansas. As I recall, writer years ago posted about some celebrity hunters getting PO boxes in Clark County and getting them. Yes, these are some of the guys you know very well from TV. I wonder if Kansas got any income tax out of them--these guys make millions off of their products each year.

01-Dec-17
Writer: Michael, have you heard anything credible about changing the N/R deer tag to an any season to match the resident tag option?

01-Dec-17
Writer: Michael, have you heard anything credible about changing the N/R deer tag to an any season to match the resident tag option?

01-Dec-17
DONT SAY STUFF LIKE THAT ACE you will get everybody fired up

01-Dec-17
"Lifetime hunt SHOULD only apply to small game for any hunter who gets it,.. Non-residents should not get to buy deer and turkey permits at resident costs." I agree 100%. If you live out of state, you should have to buy a non resident tag through the draw.

01-Dec-17
I'll add to that. If a lifetime liscense was purchased by a native Kansas resident (one who was born here) or still has parents in the state I'm all for it covering everything at resident cost.

01-Dec-17
So if I move out of state, then I should not get mine at resident costs? I wasn't born here but have lived here for 50 years.

01-Dec-17
Ace - no, not a word.

Some people are only happiest when they’re unhappy.

01-Dec-17
I'm oooooold! And I'm not happy! And I don't like things now compared to the way they used to be. All this progress -- phooey! In my day, we didn't have these cash machines that would give you money when you needed it. There was only one bank in each state -- it was open only one hour a year. And you'd get in line, seventeen miles long, and the line became an angry mob of people -- fornicators and thieves, mutant children and circus freaks -- and you waited for years and by the time you got to the teller, you were senile and arthritic and you couldn't remember your own name. You were born, got in line, and ya died! And that's the way it was and we liked it!

Life was simpler then. There wasn't all this concern about hy-giene! It my days, we didn't have Kleenex. When you turned seventeen, you were given the family handkerchief. ... It hadn't been washed in generations and it stood on its own ... filled with diseases and swarmin' with flies. ... If you tried to blow your nose, you'd get an infection and your head would swell up and turn green and children would burst into tears at the sight o' ya! And that's the way it was and we liked it!

Life was a carnival! We entertained ourselves! We didn't need moooovin' pitchurrrres. In my day, there was only one show in town -- it was called "Stare at the sun!" ... That's right! You'd sit in the middle of an open field and stare up at the sun till your eyeballs burst into flames! And you thought, "Oh, no! Maybe I shouldn't've stared directly into the burning sun with my eyes wide open." But it was too late! Your head was on fire and people were roastin' chickens over it. ... And that's the way it was and we liked it!

Progress?! Flobble-de-flee! In my day, when we were angry and frustrated, we just said, "Flobble-de-flee!" 'cause we were idiots and we didn't know what else to say! Just a bunch o' illiterate Cro-Magnons, blowin' on crusty handkerchiefs, waitin' in lines for our head to burst into flame and that's the way it was and we liked it!

01-Dec-17
I don't even know what to say...but it was borderline hilarious!

01-Dec-17
Now that was a hoot . I know My GSH looked at me a couple times an thought I had lost my mind . That was good Sito

02-Dec-17
Can't take credit for that, but glad you liked it as much as I. It's from "Grumpy ol'man"...SNL boys.

Flobble-de-flee!

02-Dec-17
Ahh the good I'm days

05-Dec-17
Dana Carvey... SNL died after he and a few others left. One of my favorite skits.

06-Dec-17
Matt Foley wasn't bad either......

• Sitka Gear