Moultrie Mobile
JR - do you see into the future or what?
West Virginia
Contributors to this thread:
JayD 01-Dec-17
Rutbuster 01-Dec-17
JayD 01-Dec-17
sundaynwv 01-Dec-17
JayD 01-Dec-17
babysaph 01-Dec-17
Outdoorsman 01-Dec-17
JayD 01-Dec-17
gobbler 01-Dec-17
sundaynwv 01-Dec-17
gobbler 01-Dec-17
01-Dec-17

JayD's Link
After reading this article I now understand why you shoot those spikes! In all seriousness- I hope that someone soon can come up with some research to prevent this and not just slow it down....

01-Dec-17
I think banning all feeding practices would help this situation. I have nothing to back this up but common sense tells me that deer should not all be collected in one area swapping saliva and whatever else at these locations. I guess this would include mineral sites which I am guilty of using for inventory purposes. Just my thought on the issue.

01-Dec-17
Rut - banning may slow it down but deer are social creatures - I sure would like to see a cure or something as well. Let’s hope soon.

01-Dec-17
If we are serious about it, we ban baiting. Unfortunately, probably 50% of Bowhunters bait.

01-Dec-17
50% may even be a tad low

01-Dec-17
Isn't it banned in some counties now? Lots of em bait in my counties. even here in jefferson county

01-Dec-17
As stated above banning baiting is a preventative measure and a good one. Including minerals Unfortanetly it's not a cure. I have as I'm sure you guys have seen deer like the mouth region of other deer. We have seen them follow each other eating browse and other food sources. Sniffing what the deer in front of them are eating in partial.

Do we ban food plots? What about the farmers wife that throws scratch grains out to her chickens we've all seen deer forage there too.

Fellas this is the single biggest problem facing whitetail hunters today tomorrow and years to come. This is what we should be focused on combating

01-Dec-17

JayD's Link
I sort of found this blog interesting - very interesting in what he said about Colorado and Wyoming and then Texas. I would have never thought that!

01-Dec-17
That is a good blog. Yes, that is true about CO and WY. Deer are social animals and do interact with each other with licking and grooming which of course spreads saliva.

01-Dec-17
The highest indigent of cwd could also be because that is the area where it is believed to have originate. Earliest detection site.

01-Dec-17
That is true. The ground zero effect.

• Sitka Gear