bowandspear 04-Dec-17
Will 04-Dec-17
Pi 04-Dec-17
Dthfrmabove 04-Dec-17
mrw 04-Dec-17
03-Dec-17

mrw's embedded Photo
mrw's embedded Photo
So I'm going through the fridge and needing some room for beer, deer and other necessities I pull these mason jars out. I have no flippin idea what's in most of them but I am determined to find out. Might be a wasted Sunday.

The only reason I thought if sharing with y'all is I am cutting up a deer heart for my 9 year olds breakfast, and thought there were a lot of kindred redneck spirits on this forum who might understand my dilemma . And it's Sunday, not hunting Rhodie, no hunting Mass and the Pats are playing at 1. Heck, maybe I'll clean the yard before snow covers the mess... Ooh, that's tasty...

03-Dec-17
im my experience when someone hands you a mason jar and says here smell this, its a set up.

03-Dec-17
If it's like mine there's probably something fermented...home made hard cider, Concord grape wine...I've heard some people actually label such things...crazy

03-Dec-17
I think they are probably maple syrup. We have some that are labeled--but only with a date.

03-Dec-17
If it is not immediately obvious when you take a sniff then it's best to let it go. if its good , well , eat it. Just don't feed it to the kid. Till your sure.

03-Dec-17
Oh, they weren't syrup or cider, they are called "moonshine" but are actually clear likker mixed with fruit and stuff. 4 were peach, 1 was apple pie and the other was a coffee variety the maker called Kahlua. I did sample each of them and killed 2 of the short jars off, Good stuff!

04-Dec-17
Mmmmm that apple pie is good stuff!!!!

04-Dec-17
I'd have been to scared to open em, and would have used em for target practice :)

04-Dec-17
"Moonshine" ... hmm that's a catchy name .

I too have had "the Apple Pie" and it is dangerously good. I'm always willing to try new things... Just not stuff that has been in the back of the fridge for so long that we can't remember what it is, or could be.

Nope, I'm tasting some bile just thinking about it.

04-Dec-17
I have had peach and apple pie before. When we went to Ohio my BIL new some downhome west Virginians. Good stuff right there !!!

04-Dec-17
One jar was from 2013, good gosh was that one smooth! There is no way bacteria or any other nasties can grow in this stuff. Amazing how home made won' give me a hang over either! Not that I test that theory too often ...

• Sitka Gear