Will 05-Dec-17
bigwoodsbucks22 05-Dec-17
HunterND 05-Dec-17
Teacher 07-Dec-17
Snowshoe 07-Dec-17
Will 07-Dec-17
Dan6310 07-Dec-17
05-Dec-17
So ive been using a hunting pad my whole hunting career. I like the mobility and how light weight it is. Issue is finding that log or down tree to sit on in the perfect spot. I have started looking into a light weight hunting chairs for natural blinds or for when there just is not a good log/place to sit with a pad. What does everyone use?

05-Dec-17
Yesterday it was a cinder block but I don't think that's a great solution to your quest.

The tree seat (strap on chair) looks like it works well. Maybe bring a lightweight shield / blind for partial cover.

05-Dec-17
Big comfy hunting chair (colaspable) with arm rests,.. I figure if I am comfortable I may move less and stay longer ?

Hasn't helped me so far..

05-Dec-17
3 legged stool from dicks. Lightweight folds and I just run the straps through my belt loops while walking.

05-Dec-17
my old man bought a backpack from cabelas where the frame folds out and makes a seat. .. i believe it was cabelas brand. he loves it

05-Dec-17
Spike , does it sink in soft ground ?

05-Dec-17
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Ground-Hunter-Pack/1932046.uts

05-Dec-17
Look up "Torges seat." Pretty neat.

05-Dec-17
Niff-t-seat, very portable stool with a single leg. You can balance on it by itself just fine but works really well next to a tree so that you can lean back against the tree. Comfortable enough like that so I can easily sit for a couple hours at a time no problem.

05-Dec-17
I have been playing with a few ideas. Converting/ modifying a climber base like the Torges seat but with a little zip. Also a seat and expandable ladder like a portable ladder stand . Any products like that ? Getting tired of fixed stand trouble and noisy setup of climbers.

05-Dec-17
Cabela's short 3 legged fold up stool, fits in backpack.

05-Dec-17
Pi, yes it has sunk in soft ground. But only where I need to put it most lol

05-Dec-17
Nif T Seat: http://www.nifftseat.com/brochure.htm

Someone on here suggested this to me for ground hunting maybe 8-10 years ago. I'm going to say Tajue but I could be wrong. (Sorry man!!!) It's awesome. Can fit on a belt to carry, or, you can just slide it into a back pack easily. You can use it anywhere, I've even used it ice fishing and camping. Once you sit on it, you can pivot any direction, and if you stand, it stay's where it was. I love the thing.

I dont use it for turkey because my turkey vest has a built in pad, and those buggers eyes are so good I like to be on the ground... But if I had hip/knee issues and getting down there was tough, I'd probably use this for turkey too.

05-Dec-17

bigwoodsbucks22's Link
Passthrough, great question. I do a lot of still hunting and ground hunting. Ive bought many chairs over the years and they all suck for one reason or another. Quite simply, they don't make a great hunting chair. You either get comfy, but big and heavy. Or light and uncomfortable. So I stopped looking for a hunting chair and started looking for a "hiking/camping" chair. After 15 years I finally found one I loved this year. Its extremely light (2 lbs), packs up extremely small (7"x4"), its very comfortable, its easy to use/set up, and quiet. Plus, it doesn't sink into the ground. Its made specifically to be used in sand and soft ground. Its honestly a perfect hunting chair in a world where they don't make a perfect chair specifically for hunting. Its also cheap and their customer service is awesome. If you get one, let me know and i'll give you a couple tips to make it a little better than it is (camo tape, how I pack it, etc. ) I can actually fit it inside my pack which makes it awesome for getting around and still hunting quietly.

https://www.wildhornoutfitters.com/products/terralite-chair?gclid=CjwKCAiApJnRBRBlEiwAPTgmxD6p06GY8ppsr6w_5r2ygdpePRA_2IJXIbm11mzIDteL1iUyt7JusxoC2XcQAvD_BwE&variant=29742654979

05-Dec-17
I use this product (different brand, same idea) - strap it around my backpack to carry it is, lightweight, easy and quiet to set up, and sturdy. I bring a cheap telescoping ground blind to set up around me, also very light and fits in my bag. Only drawback is you have to put it around a tree, can't just set it up anywhere like some other freestanding stools. But it has worked for me and allows me to move to new areas and have a relatively comfortable seat.

http://www.bigcountrysportinggoods.com/muddy-ultimate-swivel-treeseat-mts400/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1LHx7Ibz1wIVBqrsCh2ApAOrEAkYCCABEgJr_fD_BwE

07-Dec-17
I use an ultra-light Crazy Creek for hunting on the ground when I don't want to bring in a blind, and I love it for half-day or shorter sits (on all day sits it starts to dig into my legs a bit). It's really compact (rolls up and fits in my knapsack) and is super easy to find a good spot with because it has its own back, so you don't need to sit up against a tree if that's not the best spot for you. I use a cheap, collapsible 3-legged seat inside my blind so I can see out the portholes; it's okay but needs a cushion on top of it if I'm going to be in it for more than an hour or two.

07-Dec-17
i just sit on my ass and freeze no pain no gain lol

07-Dec-17
Bigwoods and HunterND - those look awesome. I'm making notes and may try one next year.

07-Dec-17
Take a look at Sit-drag http://www.sitdrag.com/Online-Store.html Strap it around a tree and sit. Lightweight and non bulky.

• Sitka Gear