Belchertown Bowman 05-Dec-17
Pi 05-Dec-17
Fran 05-Dec-17
Will 05-Dec-17
Bones1918 06-Dec-17
Pi 06-Dec-17
Let's Go 06-Dec-17
05-Dec-17
So, I haven't hunted for 7 days straight because of work, college, wife's to do list, and mainly because I'm sick. I tried going out today to a good low pressure spot, and couldn't control my cough. 20, 30min tops is all I could do before the uncontrollable cough came.

So, it's my assumption that normal cough drops would easily be smelt by deer. The noise from my cough is no better. Anyone know of a drop or other suppressant that won't clear a deers nasal passages with mine?

05-Dec-17
deer can smell your breath anyways. Just play the wind right, use any cough drops, and go hunt. Goodluck!

05-Dec-17
That kind of hurt my feelings.... Lol. I usually brush with peroxide to fight deer winding my morning breath. Playing the wind and drops it is until this green flem is no more. Hopefully the doctor gives me something to fix it tomorrow. Been missing too much stand time.

05-Dec-17
Put a turkey call in your mouth and when you cough push out a turkey call noise at the same time,.. I have used that and initially I sucked at it,.. sounded like someone ran over a turkey,.. over time I got better,.. practice at home.

05-Dec-17
You can actually cough several times that way and ya might call in a coyote,.. who thinks the turkey is surely near death with that noise! LOLOLOL

05-Dec-17
I agree with Bigwoods, if they can smell your cough drop they can smell you. Hope ya feel better!

05-Dec-17
One of my buddies pulled out early from our hunt this past Saturday morning. When I called him afterward, he said left left for 2 reasons. First, he couldn't stop coughing. Second, the noise of his coughs was echoing through the woods. LOL

I like the turkey call idea... just don't gag on it.

05-Dec-17
A dying turkey is better than a sick hunter. I just need to figure out how to keep the green flem out of the reed...

05-Dec-17
Here is another one,.. suck on the cough drop on the drive there,... finish it,.. right before you enter the woods gargle with Doe Estrus,..,.. spit it out onto shoes,..

You will be fine,.. :)

05-Dec-17
Promethazine with Codeine Cough suppressant :Ask your doctor for it.

Bring an towel or loose jacket with hood to muffle the sound .

Truth : it happened to me a few years back . I just couldn't help it from that tickle. Covered my head with jacket and then made a grunt after each fit. A shooter came out to see what was going on and my buddy was 40 yards away from them in another stand and could have taken the shot. Big doe and a spike came from another direction. They were about 50 yards from me but I couldn't really see them. I did see a little movement in the woods but didn't trust my eyes that were blurry and starry from the fit. But it does work. At least it did that time.

05-Dec-17
I feel your pain I have had a chronic cough all season. II bring water and cough drops to help. I still have had my chances. Good luck.

05-Dec-17
Ditto the cough drops thing... for the same reasons.

Been a lot of that stuff going round this year... Hope you feel well soon!

06-Dec-17
Honey will suppress a cough.

06-Dec-17
Codeine Cough suppressant.

06-Dec-17
I have a small thermos and I bring out some hot tea with a good dose of raw honey. Let's Go

• Sitka Gear