buckslayer 06-Dec-17
buckslayer 06-Dec-17
bigbuckbob 06-Dec-17
jax2009r 06-Dec-17
Greybeard 06-Dec-17
buckslayer 06-Dec-17
jax2009r 06-Dec-17
05-Dec-17
Hi all, first time posting on the site, usually just enjoy the wide variety of posts. Figured it was time to join instead of being a wall flower. This year was my first year working on some new land, didn’t get much time out until recently and my first day was a great one! I’ll try to remember to tuck in the tounge next time ??

05-Dec-17
Wow very nice deer well done

05-Dec-17
Great looking buck. Really symmetrical rack. Congrats.

05-Dec-17
Great looking buck - Congrats. I carry around in my hunting pack a rubber band to use for holding a deer's mouth shut.

05-Dec-17
Great idea Gene, I’ll be putting that to use!

05-Dec-17
How the heck are you going to top that post? Rookie posters get all the frickin luck!!! Congrats man!

05-Dec-17
Congrats!!! Good looking animal

05-Dec-17
great buck!

05-Dec-17
Gvongrats

05-Dec-17
Great CT Deer!

05-Dec-17
Congrats very nice

05-Dec-17
Congrats very nice

05-Dec-17
He's a beauty, congrats.

05-Dec-17
Nice! Looks like a perfect shot, great job!

05-Dec-17

buckslayer's embedded Photo
buckslayer's embedded Photo
Apparently I deleted the photo, damn rookies, hopefully this shows up correctly again

05-Dec-17
Congrats. Nice looking buck for sure .

05-Dec-17
Thanks everybody. I know the story is always fun to hear so I figured I'd share even though nothing too crazy. Spent about an hour in a new tree stand on new land. I did not setup the stand, and actually was opposed to hunting it because I thought the direction the deer would be coming from was the opposite side. Well for the first 45 mins I was right, as 2 does and a nice 6 pt walked right by me with a smirk on their face. After about 20 mins of cursing out my friend for his crooked stand placement, this guy walked up on my right side to see who was moving around trying to get comfortable. He had come up from a small dip in the land, he never knew I was there until we were looking at each other. I had no shot while he was looking at me, vital areas covered in thin brush with only about a one foot opening on his shoulder bone, not worth risking with an arrow, not to mention a horrible shot for a right handed bow hunter. He started to look away and took a step forward like he was going to bolt down the hill and as he did my nerves got the best of me and I said Hey!!! Well he stopped to look at me, then turned to look where he was going to run and opened up his left front shoulder/chest cavity for the perfect entry. Arrow passed through clean, exiting near the right front leg near the knee. He only made it about 30 yards before laying down. Couldn't have asked for a better day. I would have to say he is my biggest CT deer thus far, last year I had a nice wide racked deer, but nothing as tall and symmetrical as this. Glad I get to share the story with someone this time! Thanks again everybody!

05-Dec-17
Nice buck. I thought everyone was pulling my leg.

05-Dec-17
Nice buck!! Congrats!!

06-Dec-17
Congrats!

06-Dec-17
Good looking buck! Congratulations

06-Dec-17
Congratulation! Beautiful buck, nice shot.

06-Dec-17

Wild Bill's embedded Photo
Wild Bill's embedded Photo
Great story, very nice buck. I am marveling at why you felt you had to say "hey". He had already viewed you and not bolted. How far was he from the base of your tree? You were at full draw when he spotted you? Perhaps he caught your drawing the bow motion?

I painted out the tongue for you.

06-Dec-17
Beautiful!!

06-Dec-17
Awesome congrats!!!! Great buck

06-Dec-17
wow congrats, awesome buck

06-Dec-17
Thanks for fixing that Wild Bill. Not sure why I said hey to him lol, it all happened so quick but I think in that moment he had looked at me but there was no good shot, and then when he was about to bolt I had no call on me and was at draw anyway, so thought mouth grunt and instead Hey! came out like he was a trespasser. It worked because he stepped into the zone but it cracked me up as I’ve never yelled at a deer before haha - basically I was panicking because I thought he was just going to bolt away and I'd be left with my hat in my hand waving

06-Dec-17
He was only about 15 yards or so away from the base of the tree

06-Dec-17
BS - great buck!! And thanks for the story, I always love to hear how things went and your story is unique. I never heard of anyone yelling at a deer and then coming up with it!!

06-Dec-17
beauty..what part fo the state

06-Dec-17
Nice buck, perfect shot

06-Dec-17
Northeast corner Jax near CT/MA line

06-Dec-17
i was just hunting up there for shotgun..

• Sitka Gear