xi's embedded Photo
xi's embedded Photo
xi's embedded Photo
xi's embedded Photo

05-Dec-17

xi's embedded Photo
xi's embedded Photo

05-Dec-17
Nice Buck,Very jealous, would you be so kind as to clue food plot rookies like myself with the seed combo That works for you ? Thanks Mike

05-Dec-17
Mike, 1 plot is corn, 1 is Imperial Whitetail clover, 1 is Real World soybeans. There's no secret to it. Read up on it and scale it to size for your plot. Had a great talk with another bowsiter on Sunday, we laughed about starting out with dragging a rototiller into the woods for a food plot. A well maintained plot that's small is better than a big crappy one. It's a hobby for me, one thing is to keep the does well fed, and the bucks will show up ! A great learning opportunity here on bowsite is the food plot forum. Keep in touch, Wayne.

19-Dec-17

mrw's embedded Photo
mrw's embedded Photo
While I agree that more effort is better then more area, any effort is better than none. I did Beets and Greens in a small area. Got it in late, only limed it 2 weeks before planting. But I've had the ladies hanging around nibbling on it all fall.

20-Dec-17
MRW , always read the seed analysis tag. Some of the big name seed companies in the local sporting goods stores sound great but are mostly filler seed. An example 5% soybeans 5% winter peas and 90% rye grass. Total waste of money.

20-Dec-17
my problem is I can't keep does around my plot.....bucks dominate mine till October then rut starts and poof gone. if we could hunt September i'd be in business.....

21-Dec-17

RatherBLucky's embedded Photo
RatherBLucky's embedded Photo
This year was my first year with a .25acre plot. Did half clover and chicory, the other half....a salad bar- small separate sections of Winter peas, turnips, radishes, a throw and grow blend, whitetails winter blend. Try and find out what they like and when. The does hammered the clover until Oct 31st, then disappeared. The sad part is, they haven't even touched the salad bar.....literally walk through it!

21-Dec-17
The radishes and beets seem to take a while for them to figure out its food. As it is they don't hammer mine, just nibble and move on. But they keep coming back. I had a nice turnip plot going a few years ago that come January they were digging them up. Got a real nice buck fight on video there too!

21-Dec-17
A lot of the bulb type stuff need a hard frost for them to turn sweet. I can't get a buck to grow here in the summer, maybe a spike, but the does are here with fawns. Come November and it explodes for a couple weeks. Predict snow and everything disappears, barren waste land.

21-Dec-17
Do you guys all make these on your own land (I'm assuming) or do you speak with a private land owner you who's land you hunt and build them there?

21-Dec-17
Will, these are on my own property. But l would have no problem asking a land owner to do it. Like I said, my first one was with a rototiller I dragged in the woods, dragged bags of lime and fertilizer in also. You guys out East l feel are better of with clover or alfalfa, they go a lot farther with over yield.

21-Dec-17
I only have an 1.48 acres....25 acre food plot. I'm thinking of asking the neighbor to sell me some of her land. More like give me the land for a very small donation!! hahaha

Next year I'm going to grow half clover/chicory, and Big N Beasty. But xi your right, its more of a hobby. Tell the wife its my Zen Garden. lol

• Sitka Gear