Whocares 08-Dec-17
Whocares 08-Dec-17
Whocares 08-Dec-17
ColoBull 08-Dec-17
Whocares 08-Dec-17
Jaquomo 11-Dec-17
Buglmin 11-Dec-17
07-Dec-17
Anyone have any recommendations for a good archery elk outfitter?

07-Dec-17
Ute Trail Outfitters in Salida. Guys are great elk hunters with a lot of experience and over 17k of private lands to hunt.

07-Dec-17
QRS

07-Dec-17
What kind of hunt do you want - comfy ranch with cabins or backcountry horseback with wall tents? What is your fitness level? Most importantly, what is your budget? Give us some details and that will help.

07-Dec-17
Bear Mountain Outfitters, Kremmling, CO. Reasonable rate, comfy 2 person cabins, good meals and guides. High rate for shot opportunities on bulls. All private land.

07-Dec-17
technically its called Ute Trail Guide Service.

07-Dec-17

standswittaknife's Link

07-Dec-17
Ill be 67 but stay in good shape. Hunted NM a few years ago at 8800-9200 ft and I was in better shape than my guide. Looking for elk, doesn't matter if I sleep in a tent like I did in NM or a hotel. Thanks for your help guys.

07-Dec-17
I must have 50-60 Colo outfitters bookmarked. All of them list pricing. None of them have been used, so no help for the OP. If they can't list prices up front, I assume it's probably more than I'd consider spending. I don't like giving out my contact info out to request any price (not just outfitters). So many times it is resold. A friend of the family makes a good living buying, bundling and reselling contact info. Just one of my own personal pet peeves. Whocares - if you would, PM me the Bear Mtn rates?

07-Dec-17
Been a few years since I was there, Colo Bull. But it was in the area of $4500 per hunt. Contact Brad Probst, the outfitter for best info. He gets pretty well booked with a lot of repeats.

07-Dec-17
I was going to suggest Bear Mountain too. I've hunted that ranch a lot prior to the current owners. Lots of bulls, lots of opportunities, moderate terrain. High success rate. Talked to Brad a couple weeks ago and they had a phenomenal year.

08-Dec-17
Call Scott Lemmer with Comanche wilderness outfitters.

08-Dec-17
Yes, Brad's a friend of mine and they just plain have fun. I go there a couple days before season and help get Grizzly camp organized and have a couple cocktails with Brad and one or two of his guides. Then I disappear onto public land somewhere and do my solo spike out.

08-Dec-17
Should clarify for ColoBull - I worked for the previous owners, the Drapers and they sold 2 years ago. But Brad remains living there and runs the hunting. I go there and do the camp prep as a fun thing to do with them pre-season. We retired guys do funny things! Anyway, thats why I suggest contacting them for pricing etc.

08-Dec-17
Should clarify for ColoBull - I worked for the previous owners, the Drapers and they sold 2 years ago. But Brad remains living there and runs the hunting. I go there and do the camp prep as a fun thing to do with them pre-season. We retired guys do funny things! Anyway, thats why I suggest contacting them for pricing etc.

08-Dec-17
Thanks. Maybe if a windfall comes along. The camp prep actually kinda sounds like fun, especially if you get to be around elk while you're at it.

08-Dec-17
Yah it is fun. Elk are there. just fun to do a little work and hang out with those guys. The whole deal... Sept in the mountains , is there anything better??

11-Dec-17
Whocares, I sent you a PM about Bear Mountain. I've been involved with that ranch since the mid 70's through three different owners. Attended Drapers house warming for the "Chalet", carried the keg in for John. Killed my first bull there on Diamond on what was BLM then. Killed my first six point bull there too. That place has a special spot in my heart but I'll never hunt it again since its being outfitted. I recommend it to anyone looking for a great hunt at affordable prices with moderate terrain.

11-Dec-17
Banded Peaks Outfitters!! The big bulls are back and they are starting to kill some monsters. They book quickly with a lot of repeats. They really organized the ranch now and all three ranches are killing good solid bulls.

• Sitka Gear