drbonner 09-Dec-17
Thornton 09-Dec-17
Ksgobbler 09-Dec-17
Jaeger63 19-Jan-18
Jaeger63 19-Jan-18
KS85 19-Jan-18
Slate 25-May-18
07-Dec-17
Hey guys, Myself and two other hunters are looking for a good Kansas deer lease. Fairly new to forum so apologies of this is wrong section. Any help is much appreciated. Prefer NE KS

07-Dec-17
I think Sito has a few of them? Lot's of corn feeders too so the deer are easy to pattern. :)

07-Dec-17
You and I both

07-Dec-17
Is there such a thing as a "Good Lease"?

07-Dec-17
Well Westksbowhunter, I have a Texas lease where the landowner drinks and pills heavy, broke into my camper, tore the $200 marine battery apart in it, and let his horses come in and tear up my feeder... = bad lease. I also have another where the land manager provides a stocked feeder year around, has both a ground blind, and a box elevated blind, and patrols the property keeping others out. = good lease. Animals be comin and goin and ain't nobody got control of dat. If that helps explain my "good lease" inquiry.

07-Dec-17
Do either of them provide a banjo?

08-Dec-17
Good luck with this crowd ! If you are a Bow Hunter or a Blue eyed Gun Hunter, you might get a little helpful info. from a couple of them.

08-Dec-17
He doesn't need luck York...I'm bettin "TexasDanSouthColoradoRoamerFagier" has GOLD ;?)

08-Dec-17
SitO, it’s Texas, not Southern MO

08-Dec-17
Oh well, I’m sure nobody wanted to trade up some Texas hawg hunts anyways. But appreciate the input.

09-Dec-17
Texasdan,

I think most Kansans were behind the 8-ball when all the leasing from Non Residents started back in 2005. Now I constantly have young men who I helped or took on hunts when they were younger call and ask me to look for a hunting lease for them. So now I think the competition is going to get pretty tough as these new hunters see leasing as the new norm and believe it or not have 5k-10k to throw out there. Good luck in your search. Also note that Kansas is not always a gaurenteed draw state for all units as well.

09-Dec-17
Thanks Matte, That helps shed some light on things. Appeciate the advice.

09-Dec-17

TexasDan 's embedded Photo
TexasDan 's embedded Photo
It’s a definite maybe. I’d say my leases have a few of ‘em. You can’t kill enough of them.

09-Dec-17
I can’t invite people out during Whitetail season, but have no problem taking people with me after. I only bowhunt, because I like the challenge. These pigs are as smart as anything I’ve hunted, and great to hunt.

09-Dec-17
I get so entertained talking with folks about TX hog hunting. "They are eating me out of house and home!!!" OK, I will bring some guys and we will have a good time and kill some? Sure, just bring you check book. Do you see the difference in hunting attitudes from TX to KS?

09-Dec-17
I live in Texas and swapping a pig hunt for whitetail hunting in Kansas is offering somebody a McDonald’s cheeseburger you found under the seat of your truck for an opportunity to go eat at A high End steakhouse.

09-Dec-17
Pheasants never were classified as invasive. They were imported and planted here on purpose.

09-Dec-17
So was sericea lespedeza

19-Jan-18

19-Jan-18
Sorry for the blank response. Dan it took me years of searching to finally find a quality lease. It's easy to see why. Just look at the deer on the cover of the Dec/Jan issue of North American Whitetail. I ran ads in multiple newspapers throughout the region of Kansas I was interested in finding a lease. It took me over 3 years and lots of money in ads to finally find what I consider a quality lease. You can PM me if you want more info. Hope this helps

19-Jan-18
TexasDan - where do you live ?

25-May-18
TexasDan I sent you you a private PM. I can probably help you out.

• Sitka Gear