Jim in Ohio 09-Jul-18
Southpaw25 08-Oct-18
Bloodtrl 29-Oct-18
Kevin Dill 30-Oct-18
Bloodtrl 30-Oct-18
28-Dec-17

A to Z bow hunter's embedded Photo
A to Z bow hunter's embedded Photo
Hi everyone in Ohio,I'm in Colorado.. bow hunted for it seems like forever. I am headed back East, would like to find a place in Ohio to bow hunt on private land for the first time. Any Ideas, please let me know. John

29-Dec-17
Private land here is like hens teeth.very hard to get permission.lots of public hunting.lots of land getting leased by big money.

29-Dec-17
Ohio is a big State. Where are you looking at?

29-Dec-17
Anywhere in the Northeast side of the state, because I will be coming there to hunt from N.Y and P.A. John

29-Dec-17
Are you moving here or vacationing?

31-Dec-17
Lease. Pretty simple.

31-Dec-17
Lease. Pretty simple.

31-Dec-17
Unless you get to know someone with property it's pretty difficult to get permission. A lot of the farms have been family owned for generations and they aren't too trusting of people they don't know, especially in the small towns. Leasing is your best option, but there's a lot of public land available. I would suggest finding a public place that's close to your home and get to know it the best you can. If you can hunt during the week you'll do pretty well, considering there's a decent population of deer in the area.

31-Jan-18
A to Z, PM sent.

31-Jan-18
Not real familiar with the available areas in the NE......there is some public land, but if you are super serious about getting a "good" property, I would start looking now at private ground that you may get access on

25-Jun-18
I plan to hunt nov 9 on for a week. Looking at Woodbury Wildlife Area. Looking for camp grounds close by. Also looking to rent a camper in Ohio.

25-Jun-18
I live in the N.E. and you had better know someone. The Amish have basically destroyed the area, as to getting permission or seeing much in terms of deer too. We finally ponied up and leased this year because of the depressing area of N.E. Ohio. Even on 2 leases (100+ acres in all) we have only seen 3 deer on camera over the last month. Not good.

28-Jun-18
The Amish basically believe if its brown its down.process quickly and get more.

09-Jul-18
Not all Amish. Lived in Central Ohio amongst them. Had more Amish friends then English. We went trophy hunting together. They owned some of the finest hunting land in Ohio.

09-Jul-18
Great bowhunters too.

08-Oct-18
You can message me personally, [email protected]. I maybe able to help you out. I have access to hundreds of acres stretching from western PA all throughout the eastern side of Ohio. I reside in Lake county. Land is tough to come buy but knowing the right people makes a huge difference in not only in the hunting world but life in general!

29-Oct-18
Bloodtrl in Cesear Creek neck of the woods. I shot a buck tonight 45 min before sunset. Good shot lots of blood but got too dark and too thick of an area. I have to work tonight so twelve hours before I can track the six point buck. What are the chances of coyote getting to the buck before me?

30-Oct-18
"What are the chances of coyote getting to the buck before me?"

About the same as calling suit and cutting the cards....maybe 1 to 3 depending on how many coyotes are working the area. So many factors out of your control. All you can do is trail with fingers crossed.

30-Oct-18
No coyote no buck but lots of oxygenated blood

• Sitka Gear