Mathews Inc.
area to shoot near Carmel/Monterey?
California
Contributors to this thread:
westslope 31-Dec-17
ben yehuda 01-Jan-18
westslope 02-Jan-18
31-Dec-17
Any Bowsite guys on here live around Carmel or Monterey area? Im trying to do a little research for a buddy who has moved to this area and is just getting into archery. He says that he has no luck in finding anywhere to even shoot his bow near Carmel. I find this hard to believe since I live in Colorado ABSOLUTELY SURROUNDED by public land and places to shoot. Does anybody know of places to target practice in this area that you could recommend? im trying to prevent my buddy from getting discouraged and quitting archery altogether. Thanks for any info! Happy New Year.

01-Jan-18

ben yehuda 's Link
There is an archery shop in Salinas and one in Gilroy, as well as a variety of clubs and organizations not too far from him (see link).

The northern section of the Los Padres National Forest is along the coast just to the south of him. That is stunning country (though admittedly thick with grungy hippies at times).

I live a few hours south of him. If he makes it down my way sometime I'd be happy to meet up and spend an afternoon flinging arrows with him.

02-Jan-18
Thanks for your response! I appreciate your help. I will pass along the info. Cheers!

• Sitka Gear