Jeff in MN 15-Jan-18
MF 15-Jan-18
Tweed 15-Jan-18
MuskyBuck 15-Jan-18
Tweed 26-Feb-18
Jeff in MN 26-Feb-18
Mike F 26-Feb-18
03-Jan-18
I thought I would find a lot of cool firle threads but 99% of them were game camera pics of unknown creatures thought to be firle. Here are a couple for inquiring minds and those looking for some crazy discussions.

http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/regional/thread.cfm?threadid=171177&MESSAGES=9&state=WI

http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/bgforums/thread.cfm?forum=1&threadid=379064

http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/regional/thread.cfm?threadid=213918&MESSAGES=16&state=WI

03-Jan-18
Jeff I surely missed those threads. I think they were about three times as long back in the day as half of us got booted and all the posts were lost. Heck, I had to redo the whole Trappers Camp thread as that got booted too. LOL

03-Jan-18

Tweed's embedded Photo
That look when you hear your first Firle.
Tweed's embedded Photo
That look when you hear your first Firle.

03-Jan-18
I tried to warn everyone. They expanned the season every 3 years . The Firle youth hunt & allowing baiting . Then the 2007 winter hit . THE fragile. Firles never had a chance . Then the fur market crashed . I still have Firle gloves that no one will buy . You can thank the DNR for the whole mess .

03-Jan-18
What's the most effective bait for boar firles?

03-Jan-18
Tweed - best bait for firles is Hodag bait. Everybody knows that!

03-Jan-18
Now Case... are you sure about that....I heard Dem hodags only draw in dose does and young'ns.

If imma hunt the firle....I want to make sure it's a trophy quality boar.

04-Jan-18

JD's embedded Photo
JD's embedded Photo

05-Jan-18
Jeff from MN has the state record in Minnesota. Rumor has it that he used Porcupine p!ss as cover scent mixed with Buckthorn berries before the y turned black. That Jeff is a shrewd one.

05-Jan-18
Dang it trapper, my best secrets for firle hunting are now in out there in public. But I have still held back about telling anyone anything about the third secret and it is by far the best secret for getting the biggest firle.

05-Jan-18
I remember the original thread. It takes a lot to make me laugh. Some of the comments made me laugh til I cried.

05-Jan-18
I knew a Firle thread would bring PB out of hiding!

05-Jan-18
Jeff was pretty good at Firle hunting. But, that necklace of Firle poop he would wear was kind of silly if you ask me. He liked to tube tan there hide and use it for clothing? Not sure where though.

05-Jan-18
I kinda lost track of them. I know they used to run rampant over Oneida county.

06-Jan-18

Jeff in MN's embedded Photo
Jeff in MN's embedded Photo
Oh yes, the firle poop necklace. I get lots of compliments when I wear it to gun shows and hunting banquets. You can tell it came from a monster firle.

06-Jan-18
Does it hold the scent? Does it help with odor control? I thought someone said that the necklace was better than ozonics.

06-Jan-18
Tweed, I think you are onto something there. I should wear it on stand during the rut next fall to test that out. Heck, maybe I should start looking in the areas that I know have an abundance of firle and harvest a lot more of it.

But no test results that I get can be convincing enough to bring big money unless tested by multiple people in multiple areas. I need a dozen or so volunteers to test this theory in various parts of the state. Who's in? As incentive I will guarantee 1% of the profits for life to anyone that provides good data during the testing period. Heck, I will also kick in an extra 5% of the profits for any firle poop that they sell for me once it hits the market. Over time the commission could add up to be like winning tonight's lottery, over $400 Million.

15-Jan-18
I heard there might be legislation that will allow group tagging of the Barron Firle.

Personally...and this is just me...this is a bad idea. We need a stronger and more viable population before we allow this sort of hunting of the Firle. The economic impact of decimating an already fragile population could be devastating.

15-Jan-18
Tweed, I was under the impression it was the Barren Firle, or was named after early settler Barron like the city? Non the less, it should be limited to trapping only IMO.

15-Jan-18
Trapping only would be OK with me. Probably the only method that would work since actually spotting one to shoot it has pretty low odds of success. Just keep it quiet because if the feds or tree huggers find out there are firle in Wisconsin they will be designated an endangered species.

15-Jan-18
If we keep talking about Firles and there existence here in Wisconsin, people such as JoeFranchise will eventually get wind of this and try to put a stop to a potential season!

15-Jan-18
Ha!

15-Jan-18
Given that I hunt near a barren, I would be open to a year round, weapon of choice season. I thought my willies were bad hearing a pack of wolves bust out howling at dusk. You ought to see me run for the truck when a firle laugh-bark. Beyond eerie.

26-Feb-18

Tweed's embedded Photo
Tweed's embedded Photo
Hey I think someone shot one!? Is this it?

26-Feb-18
Could be somewhere in the same family tree but not a true native Wisconsin Firle.

26-Feb-18
That looks like an Southern Saskatchewan Firle that has made it's way from the Turtle Mountains. I caught a glimpse of one years ago when I was deer hunting north of St. John in the fall. An invasive for sure. I hope it wasn't a mating male or we will have bigger issues. After all it is their mating season.

• Sitka Gear