Contributors to this thread:
yooper89 04-Jan-18
Heat 04-Jan-18
yooper89 04-Jan-18
Elkoholic_9 04-Jan-18
AZrecurve 04-Jan-18
yooper89 04-Jan-18
04-Jan-18
First time poster in the AZ forum. Has anybody ever hunted with Dan Adler and Diamond Outfitters? If so, what kind of experience did you have? I've got a group of four guys interested in an elk hunt this year. They're all new to the game, so they'd like to go with an outfitter to get their feet wet. Success doesn't mean they go 4/4 on elk, but they'd like to have a good time with a reputable outfitter in the area.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Christian

04-Jan-18
Get drawn first, then worry about the guide. The draw data is public info and you will likely receive solicitations from guides offering their services once the draw is complete. There are many good ones. Good Luck!

04-Jan-18
Heat - is there not OTC as per their website?

04-Jan-18
There are OTC tags, but these hunts are low density hunts. Odds are gonna be best for the draw hunts.

Personally, I'd call a couple guides now and tell them what you're hoping to accomplish and see what units/hunt areas they recommend (and guide for).

But Heat is absolutely right.. you draw a tag and you will be contacted by some good guides.

04-Jan-18
Those OTC tags are for limited areas with little elk and very little success. Those elk live in non traditional areas and Game and Fish want them gone. You'll be hunting river bottoms choke full of tamarisk.

In other words, don't waste your time.

04-Jan-18
Thanks guys. I will definitely do some digging and hope I draw.

• Sitka Gear