Justgrad25 24-Jan-18
horsethief51 25-Jan-18
Ben Farmer 26-Jan-18
PAbowhunter1064 26-Jan-18
DaleHajas 26-Jan-18
RC 27-Jan-18
DaleHajas 27-Jan-18
05-Jan-18
Just so ya'll know that while hunting Forbes SF I let that buck go so he could grow. This was 4 or 5 years ago:)

05-Jan-18

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo
I shot him this morning.

05-Jan-18
That looks like Randy!

06-Jan-18
Hajas, SSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !! I don't want folks to know that I've been secretly a hunter for 40 years..... Yep, that was back when my hair was darker, and still on my head and face.... You need to stop over and see how I have the antlers being used. All my left hand recurves are hanging from them, out in the bow building out back...

06-Jan-18
Did I read left hand recurves

06-Jan-18
Yeah, LEFTIES RULE!!! ;-)

06-Jan-18
Yes us lefties do, I was flinging some today as well as looking at new recurves and longbows

16-Jan-18
I'm a lefty also yay! Is that real or a manipulated picture? I've seen some crazy a-typical but that's Reindeerish. My buddy took a 214lb dressed Buck this last year in York County. Only an 8 point but a huge body & neck.

16-Jan-18
That's a pretty famous photo-shopped buck! ;-)

16-Jan-18
LMAO

21-Jan-18
Man that s a nice one for sure

24-Jan-18
On a side note, my co-workers son shot one that was close to the record on Nov. 1 in the ANF. It green grossed scored 185-2/8. I not 100% sure on the net but I believe it was 178 and change. His picture was in a recent PA Outdoor News. He just had it officially scored Saturday.

25-Jan-18
Still not as many deer as there used to be up there but they are getting bigger bucks now.

26-Jan-18
It was on the news that the state record buck is under investigation by the game commission.

Just my opinion but I don't think its right that they made this deer the new archery state record. He didn't find it for 41 days after he supposedly shot it. No way to know for sure if his arrow killed the deer or it was taken down by coyotes. He found it over a mile from where he shot it.

26-Jan-18
Agreed, Ben. I want to be happy for fella, but holy smokes....41 days is a heckuva long time to be on the bloodtrail. How can anyone be 100% positive it was this guys arrow that ultimately killed this buck?

26-Jan-18
I have no issues.....What if he has the shot on film, and a witness and/or video to finding the deer, possibly taking a WCO with him when he found it. As I understand he quit hunting for other deer for 41 days? and concentrated on finding this one- without carrying a weapon. The truth will come out eventually. Theres no way IMHO the PGC would just say "okie dokie you found it nice goin your deer is #1".

I was to camp/hunt that same area the same week of October, but my Dr. suggested that I dont. We hunt it often but rarely if EVER see another hunter in our area. I hunt that area couple times a year. You'll see a few deer daily and you're doin real good. But The area is vast. The biggest rubs Ive ever seen were up there 3 years ago. One day during a late october, I took Jami up there to bowhunt. We turned a corner only to come out to a field with well over a dozen pick up trucks parked along the road. Not another vehicle along the 10 mile drive. They knew where a big buck was, due to trail cameras. So there are big bucks up there, but they are all over Westmoreland and Somerset. There have been several 160"-170" bucks taken outside of Latrobe the last three years. Theres a 170" class buck that made it thru this season within 1/2 mile of my house. Everybody local knows it too. But I have a secret weapon:) Also My bud has 4 P&Y somerset cty bucks going back 20 years. I would assume B&C/P&Y wont recognize this deer due to these circumstances. But the Pa listings are not a listing org as such.

The DCNR has several-6, camping spots some with water and power set up along areas near/within Forbes State Forest and bordering sgl's. Remember its a pretty big tract for that area. You can get DCNR permits to camp and hunt. There are parts of Somerset near the old Rockwell property, Mt Davis area in Somerset cty where you can do this. ITS RUGGED AS HELL but there are monster bucks in those areas. If youre up to it and willing to deal with boredom for a good opportunity to be in the same big valley as a great deer, that you may never see call the DCNR and give it a go! Its actually pretty cheap.

Heres a thought.......wouldnt a blood tracking dog have helped here? There wouldnt be any speculation then:)

27-Jan-18
Did he use the meat?:)

27-Jan-18
Yeah it was surprisingly lean:)

• Sitka Gear