Bucket list 16-Jan-18
Dyjack 16-Jan-18
raceguy 16-Jan-18
Dyjack 16-Jan-18
raceguy 16-Jan-18
BillL 18-Jan-18
trophyhill 20-Jan-18
14-Jan-18
How important is a Bow Stabilazer for hunting. I find that the older I get the more sway I get on my bow. Could it improve my aim, grouping,etc. ?

15-Jan-18
It's in the eye of the bow holder...

If you have an option to try one at a bow shop you can test for yourself. I believe it helps stability and follow through, but if it's a bigger one then it'll catch more drag in the wind. I run a medium sized trophy taker I got from Amazon. Saw a decent accuracy improvement when I switched from a small coil style one.

15-Jan-18
I agree with Dyjack, it will steady things up for sure.

16-Jan-18
Thanks guys, every bit of info is appreciated. Never know when I will need it.

16-Jan-18
There's one Adam Greentree has been using called a "quivilizer" that has your quiver on a long stabilizer. They're not cheap, but seem to allow carrying your bow efficiently on your shoulders with your neck between the stabilizer and sight. Would be sweet to try out.

16-Jan-18
Dayjack summed it up well. A true stabilizer needs to be long and have a little weight. They do work, but your bow is now heavier and more cumbersome especially when trekking the mountains plowing through trees and such. Some of the smaller stabs like the Simms S-coil don't really stabilize but they do absorb some of the shock and quiets the bow, which some feel helps them. It's really personal preference.

16-Jan-18

Dyjack's embedded Photo
Dyjack's embedded Photo
Would be cool to eliminate the side quiver and run this. Not sure how it'd be in brush though with the long stabilizer.

16-Jan-18
That's a cool setup, I actually went old school and use a hip quiver. Wanted to try less weight on the bow.

18-Jan-18

BillL's Link
Probably a bit cumbersome stalking through the pinon and juniper, but the kids who want to shoot multiple bullseyes in a row (like 30) use pretty big stabilizers. https://www.olympic.org/news/then-now-tan-ya-ting

20-Jan-18
Not a necessity but definitely helps.

• Sitka Gear