Unit 32 Goulds Turkey Hunt
Arizona
Contributors to this thread:
pistolpete 19-Jan-18
7 Points 23-Jan-18
pistolpete 29-Jan-18
7 Points 06-Feb-18
19-Jan-18
Hi guys/gals, I was lucky enough to draw a unit 32 gould's tag this year and was extremely fortunate to have filled my archery OTC archery deer tag and javelina this month so I am starting to think about this hunt. I have never hunted in southern AZ or have been to unit 32 so I was wondering if anyone could help me in identifying some potential areas that might hold birds? I just need a place to start, thanks!

23-Jan-18
Early or late hunt? I had the late hunt last year and was done by 8 AM opening day. I used Steven Ward of Wardsoutfitting. Great caller and knows the area. Give him a call

29-Jan-18
It is for the early hunt. It is about a 6.5 hour drive one way from where I live on the reservation down south so I might consider him. I have lots of experience hunting spring turkeys and have taken many long beards with my bow. I am sort of a big DIY'er so I will probably end up just taking a long weekend this spring to figure things out, any case if my scouting doesn't pan out or if I don't have time to run down south, I will give ward a call.

06-Feb-18
I would give him a call, just to see what he has to say. Theres a lot of private land so make sure you know where you are.

• Sitka Gear