ks chas 27-Jan-18
Ksgobbler 27-Jan-18
writer 27-Jan-18
One Arrow 27-Jan-18
Ksgobbler 28-Jan-18
Thornton 28-Jan-18
Cracken74 28-Jan-18
26-Jan-18
I hunt in Pott County and have been thinking about converting a 5 acre field to switchgrass to increase bedding. As of now I'm thinking Cave-in-Rock. I was hoping to get some thoughts and some suggestions on who to buy the seed from. Thanks

26-Jan-18
Seems like along way to go from Texas to plant grass.

26-Jan-18
Star Seed in Osborne has the grass seed. I’d also have Indian grass and big blue in there too

27-Jan-18
Do you have to drill it or can it be broadcasted. I'm thinking of planting some myself because when I've noticed during pheasant hunting the grass is a magnet for deer as well.

27-Jan-18
Indian might be better than Switch at least that's what I'm told. Star seed has every kind of seed.

27-Jan-18
Indian might be better than Switch at least that's what I'm told. Star seed has every kind of seed. They also have a Biologist that can help you out.

27-Jan-18
You can broadcast but seeding rates need to be increased. You can rent a drill from soil conservation. I’ve got 100 lbs of grass seed gonna be drilled. East of my house the Indian and big blue will be 6 ft tall and the deer love it. Find all sorts of beds in there.

27-Jan-18
Never found a deer bed in our six acres of hilltop NG. It’s a blend of Indian, Big and Little Bluestem and Switchgrass. It’s been in about eight years.

27-Jan-18
Plant it to Milo

28-Jan-18
I ran 11 out of NWSG beds this morning looking for some quail.

28-Jan-18

Thornton's embedded Photo
Thornton's embedded Photo
What is this stuff? It grows about 9 ft tall and seems to be great cover. I've shot pheasants and quail around this patch

28-Jan-18
Phragmites by the looks of it. Considered a nuisance plant. It will take over waterways.

• Sitka Gear