Bloodtrail 03-Feb-18
Dr. Williams 03-Feb-18
Bigbuckbob 03-Feb-18
Bloodtrail 03-Feb-18
notme 03-Feb-18
air leak 03-Feb-18
notme 03-Feb-18
03-Feb-18
I have been seeing many more Vultures in the area in recent years. I do not remember seeing as many years ago. Are there more or am I just noticing them more. Reaching out to experienced hunters, (old timers) for opinion on this subject.

03-Feb-18
Bob I think he means you and Steve . Just kidding guys . Yes I think your right I see more now then 25 years ago .

03-Feb-18

notme's Link
https://youtu.be/dy8BvQb95eg

03-Feb-18
I don’t see much difference

03-Feb-18
This is just and observation, but lately it could be all the mountain lion kills they are feeding on. Seems to only make sense that the vulture population is growning.

03-Feb-18

Dr. Williams's Link
There are more. But there are two species now. We've had our turkey vultures forever but in recent years black vultures have invaded CT from the south. They have a bad sense of smell and hang around with turkey vultures and use them to find carrion.

03-Feb-18
Same number of vultures but fewer terradactles.

03-Feb-18
Have you guys ever seen them right on 84 out by the route 7 exit (I think) on the right heading towards Danbury? There are hundreds of them sitting in there. I was always wondering if the state dumps road kills in there.

03-Feb-18

notme's Link
I think youre on to something there bob..i have heard stories from the north about dragons

Blood,ive been driving that way every day for 3yrs and never noticed them until you mentioned it in another post, now i see them all the time...i think theyre just sunning themselves and maybe waiting for thermals...i hardly see them flying around

03-Feb-18
Bloodtrail, the state dumps roadkill at exit 7. I was driving off the exit, and I saw a deer being dumped.

03-Feb-18
Might be a good place to look for sheds...lol

• Sitka Gear