pogo 06-Feb-18
Mint 06-Feb-18
skipmaster1 06-Feb-18
Mint 09-Feb-18
SJJ 06-Mar-18
05-Feb-18

skipmaster1's embedded Photo
skipmaster1's embedded Photo
We eat venison at least a few nights every week. This time of the year though, there's not a lot variety until the garden comes in and we start fishing. Last week I was lucky enough to get pheasants for pheasant noodle soup but it's been mostly venison. I had been going through some turkey hunting footage this week and remembered, I still had a breast from one of last springs toms in the freezer. I figured that would be just the change we needed. I found a recipe for General Tso's and it came out amazing! It will definitely be in the rotation. This is about the 12th recipe I've used from Hank Shaw and all of them have been dynamite. If you're looking for game recipes, search his site.

05-Feb-18

skipmaster1's Link
If you want to see the video of the hunt, it's here

06-Feb-18
Thanks for taking us on your hunt.

06-Feb-18
Nice bird and shot on the turkey. I met you on the pheasant hunt two weeks ago in NJ. Can't wait until spring turkey season.

06-Feb-18

skipmaster1's Link
That was a fun time chasing pheasants. I'll definitely be doing it again! I got a decent clip of Big Ed catching a pheasant in the head. I am stoked for turkeys this spring.

09-Feb-18
Yeah, I saw the video, The birds we had must have been coked up since they blew out a lot faster. lol

06-Mar-18
Very cool...food looks good. Love all the song birds on the video.

• Sitka Gear