hookman 23-Mar-18
Ron Miller 23-Mar-18
hookman 23-Mar-18
gobbler 23-Mar-18
07-Feb-18

Little Bear's embedded Photo

Little Bear's Link
Posting this flyer for anyone that is not a member but would like to attend, you can join on-line at our website and a reservation packet will be mailed to you. We love having new members join us for this fun annual weekend event! The agenda, auction items (to-date) and confirmed reservations can also be found at the website under 'Banquet info'.

07-Feb-18
Is the auction on Saturday? (Been awhile since I attended.)

07-Feb-18
Yes. Saturday evening as long as nothing has changed from previous years.

07-Feb-18
Thank you.

10-Feb-18

Little Bear's Link
List of auction items (to date) can be found on the WVBA website. Some new and unique items this year!

12-Feb-18
Any tickets left for the banquet? If so, how can I purchase them?

12-Feb-18
Email sent to you Fnshtr.

15-Feb-18
Wayne, did you receive the e-mail? I didn't want to leave you hanging.

15-Feb-18
Yes. Sorry Ed. Thanks!

07-Mar-18

Little Bear's Link
Just added to the auction list. A trip of a lifetime! (or two for some of you...) Only a few seats remain. Must be a member to attend the banquet/auction.

07-Mar-18

Little Bear's Link
Sorry, got excited and put the wrong link in.

07-Mar-18
Babysaph could tell us about his experiences...was it worth it?

08-Mar-18
Yep. Great experience. My trips to Africa get more about the trip than the hunting these days. Hunting is only part of the experience. Also no matter what your significant other says about not wanting to go there they will change their mind once they are there. That is a great Auction item.

08-Mar-18
Is the hunt for this year or can it be for next year?

09-Mar-18
I have sent that question but haven't received confirmation. Greg - are you trying to do one extreme to the other? Musk Ox in the Artic to Wildebeest in Africa? I believe the available dates are: Available Dates: July 2-11, July 12-21, July 22-31, 2018 But I'm hoping they may have dates in 2019 to give folks a little more time to plan/save.

09-Mar-18
I can't do anything else this year. Out of vacation. I'm always looking and checking out potential new adventures for the future.

09-Mar-18
Greg, go after Cape Buff with Bill Mason this year !!

13-Mar-18
Don't tempt him, you know he will go! You never have to twist his arm too hard.

13-Mar-18
Cape Buff is the best hunt I have ever done.

13-Mar-18
By the way, only 4 seats remain if anyone wants a last minute reservation. First come, first served.

14-Mar-18

Little Bear's Link
I've had a few PM's about this so I thought I would post the answer for anyone needing to know. Tickets are not mailed to save time/money. You pick these up where we sell the WVBA merchandise at the banquet. If you are only coming for the banquet, tickets will be in the lobby by the door to the banquet room at 4:00pm. Doors to banquet open at 5:00pm. The link is to the list of auction items - lots of good stuff, not to mention the items that will be on display in the lobby.

16-Mar-18
I'm not going to make the banquet this year. I'll miss seeing everyone. As I grow older I realize it's important to go to these events but there are things I can't totally control. Sorry. I'm the oldest (by service terms, not age) living WVBA president - I was the 2nd president of this fine organization. I think Lawson is older than me in age and I know Tim Reed is for sure! :)

16-Mar-18
I won’t be there either Fred. One of a handful I will have missed since you were President. I think I joined in 1984. I will miss seeing some old friends also, but I quit and gave up my lifetime membership last year.

16-Mar-18
"...gave up my lifetime membership last year."

Why's that?

16-Mar-18
PM sent

17-Mar-18
If anyone wants to pm me about it I’ll talk about it but I’d prefer to keep it offline, at least for now. But basically, decisions and actions that I felt didn’t represent me personally as a bowhunter in WV.

Before anyone tries to make a mountain out of a molehill out of a personal decision, I’ve been able as a physician for over 30 years to separate my personal life from my professional life. When I take an oath, I take it seriously.

18-Mar-18
Jim was a good speaker tonight. Everything turned out well.

18-Mar-18
Top drawer speaker and extremely generous. Congratulations to the WVBA for another fabulous weekend and to Marc Fox for being inducted into the WVBA Hall of Fame--well deserved and long overdue.

18-Mar-18
Glad it went well, they usually do. Congratulations to Marc, I knew he was getting it. Well deserved.

18-Mar-18
My favorite event of the year. Glad to see so many old friends still kicking.

19-Mar-18
Congrats to Marc. Shared many a good camp with him.

19-Mar-18
Congratulations to Marc. Well deserved!

19-Mar-18
Really enjoyed the banquet! Good to meet some of you as well as seeing some old friends.

19-Mar-18
Nice to meet you too Wayne. As always a great banquet, really was impressed with our speaker, seemed like a fine person.

20-Mar-18
Marc's induction into the hall of fame was by secret ballot and should have been top secret, according to WVBA bylaws. Shame that someone decided to violate that privacy. I hope Marc wasn't privy to that information beforehand, too.

20-Mar-18
I don’t remember where I heard it at? Maybe I dreamed it? Or maybe I just figured he was past due to get it? IDK

21-Mar-18
You should have know that wasn't going to be a secret.

21-Mar-18
Ive heard about those bylaws. Should be a limited people who voted. Couldn't be too hard to figure out.

22-Mar-18
Marc and I bunked together over the banquet weekend ! He told me after He had not a clue !!

22-Mar-18
So....leaking is not limited to the White House and FBI. :o)

22-Mar-18
Is Mueller going to be heading to WV in investigate???? LOL

22-Mar-18
I think I may have heard it thru a Russian source

22-Mar-18
I'm sure Marc is glad you leaked that info Ron! Lol

22-Mar-18
Dang I didn’t !! I promise !! I only leaked when they were reading his accomplishments and when they said he had a Sly humor, I started giggling ! One time I was camping with JR at Denton Hills and Marc came up, he found a road killed snake, somehow that thing ended up in my sleeping bag and when I crawled in that night I felt it ! Dang thing was cold ! I never said a word , I just threw it out ! I never let anything out !!

22-Mar-18
No Ron, I meant the info about you bunking together. Ha

23-Mar-18
Sly humor? Do you remember the time he passed around the smoked stingray? Worst stuff I ever ate. The longer you chewed the bigger it got.

23-Mar-18
Once on a caribou trip to Quebec years ago Marc showed us the Nortern Lights one night. I never laughed so hard in my life

23-Mar-18
Regardless of any HOF leaks... the banquet was a smashing success and I want to thank everyone that came, shot, ate, donated, bought, worked, etc. It was a great weekend, and sometime in the next decade I shall bring a bow to the banquet weekend again.

23-Mar-18
It was a well run event, the speaker was great and I think everything went smooth. I would like to thank everyone that worked so hard, we are still strong and will be in the future. Remember to try to keep the young involved, they are the ones that will carry our heritage forward.

23-Mar-18
Personally, I thought it was the best banquet and banquet speaker we’ve had in years ! God do bless everyone that worked so hard in making things happen !!

23-Mar-18
Jim maybe he got that meat mixed up with some of his coyote bait. Ugh

23-Mar-18
Ron gave me some of his coyote bait. It’s not bad with a little Tabasco sauce

• Sitka Gear