Griz 15-Feb-18
BC173 15-Feb-18
Justgrad25 15-Feb-18
Jethro 15-Feb-18
BC173 15-Feb-18
Justgrad25 15-Feb-18
hawkeye in PA 15-Feb-18
14-Feb-18
Tuesday I seen my first ground hog of the year. I believe he was out scouting for some romance. And today I pulled my first tick off, so much for the cold weather theory.

14-Feb-18
I encountered a whistle piggy last evening outside of Armbrust, on 819. Surprised me. Haven't seen any in the yard, yet. Thanks for the "tick" heads-up, Jeff...

15-Feb-18
Ahhhh jeez, you are ruining my shed hunting before I even got started!! Now I have the tick heebies. Seriously though, thanks for the notice. I saw a fine mesh suit at the Harrisburg show supposedly to keep ticks off. Anyone ever try one?

15-Feb-18
Just going to get the spray stuff out and soak my pants and jacket again.

15-Feb-18
I've done the permithirin thing and still find ticks on me. Followed the instructions to a letter. I once found a tick when I got home and actually soaked it in permithirin and it didn't kill it. I'm thinking I might coat my entire body in a thick layer of axle grease like those $32 WW2 jeeps used to come packed in.

15-Feb-18

BC173's embedded Photo
BC173's embedded Photo
A matching set and 4 ticks!!

15-Feb-18
Havent been roaming yet but, my dog was diagnosed with Lymes last week. Never even saw the tick on her and she is 20#, all, white..... On 28 days of Doxy right now and after first week in, slowly starting to get better.

15-Feb-18
I haven't seen a groundhog yet. But yes on the ticks. Got to make sure you're checking yourself during/after any venture in the woods. Hiked state forest 2 weeks ago and pulled at least dozen off my pants legs anytime I went off trail. Almost as bad as summer.

15-Feb-18
Just grad... when I first started looking, about a month ago, I found 3 embedded. Went to the Dr. and had to have one cut out. Had blood tests for Lyme, was negative, and they gave me 2 weeks of Doxy, for preventative measure. Will have another blood test this month.

15-Feb-18
Yeah, don't mess around with it. I saw what it did to my dog and I wouldn't wish it on anyone....she went from a spunky, never stopping 4 year old yapper to total shutdown, barely lifting her head up, having to pick her up to get her out side and to her food/water bowels, shivering mess of dog...you would have sworn she was 20 yrs old and full of arthritis....

15-Feb-18
My cairn terrier got Lyme disease two years ago, thought he had a stroke. The vet fixed him right up, took about three weeks. He will be fifteen in July, he sure sleeps a lot though:)

• Sitka Gear