buzz bait man 27-Feb-18
WV Mountaineer 28-Feb-18
babysaph 28-Feb-18
buzz bait man 02-Mar-18
Babysaph 03-Mar-18
20-Feb-18
This site is getting boring. come on guys we can argue about something. lol

20-Feb-18
Ok I'll bite. It's not boring, it' dead and stagnate.

20-Feb-18
I should tell you the DNR is at it again. I saw a copper headed rattle moccasin today with the temps. at 80 degrees.

20-Feb-18
Lol

21-Feb-18
I saw Black Panther!

21-Feb-18
Join Facebook and you can have all the drama you want.

21-Feb-18
This is facebook 2.0

Agreements,disagreements,name calling, friends,not so much friends,and its over and over again. Same arguements,different dates. lol So much for boring

21-Feb-18
That's why I dont do FB lol

21-Feb-18
But you enjoy stirring the pot here on the bowsite facebook. lol. I know there is more drama on here than on facebook .

23-Feb-18
??

23-Feb-18
Lol

23-Feb-18
Babysaph, i sent you a PM

24-Feb-18
I never got it Turk. I have been having problems with mt PM's

24-Feb-18
need more bow hunting only on public land!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24-Feb-18
Well that ain't happening.

25-Feb-18
who is not for more bow hunting only ? why? babysaph?

26-Feb-18
Me. Because that would be stupid. If the rifle only hunters ever got forced to lobby for their own place to hunt, bowhunters would loose.

26-Feb-18
they have the whole state !!!!! thats whats stupid either more public land for primitive weapons or open up the four bow county to same reg,s as the rest of state!!

27-Feb-18
i see the dnr proposals say nothing about decreasing the buck limit for wv, but are considering a January heritage season.

27-Feb-18
Lots of people are not for bowhunting only. I would be fine with that but I only bowhunt. The DNR will simply not take a piece of public land and make it bowhunting only and kick out all the people that gun hunt. They want to sell licenses not decrease sales.

27-Feb-18
Ok. I will bite. What is a Heritage season?

27-Feb-18
It’s a 4 day primitive weapon season. Flintlocks, sidelock percussion muzzleloader with no scopes, longbow, and recurves only

27-Feb-18
So when is that to happen

27-Feb-18
Gobber Isnt the Heritage Season just a proposal and would need to be voted on and passed by Nat Re commissioners this spring . Correct

27-Feb-18
Im an guessing there will be a tag or fee for that?

27-Feb-18
Not that I’m aware of other than what one would normally have to have. This is something the Commission can do. If there were an additional fee or tag it would have to go thru the Legislature.

Yes, Hoppie, just a proposal. It will be on the spring questionnaire that should be coming out in a couple of weeks and at the annual spring meetings to gauge hunters thoughts and opinions.

27-Feb-18
Several years ago I heard they were thinking about proposing an early January turkey season. Since it would be a primitive weapon season wonder why just the 4 days - wonder why not for a week or did I read it wrong? I wouldn’t think there will be a boatload if successful hunters during this time period.

27-Feb-18
now iam getting bored! bow hunting areas not only help the area ,but help the surrounding areas (deer cant read) .all (3) of our major wilderness areas DS OC CB need help deer population on these area are low and hunting population are also low. not that many people would be displaced my own not scientific survey is in favor of my proposal. these are people that hunt these areas. time to do something different ! if the dnr thinks there a whole lot of new hunters coming down the pike better look again. ok make theses area primitive weapons areas and charge a fee (new tag) PWA

28-Feb-18
I hunt the Cranberry. Gun season is not why the deer population is suffering. Since no does are aloud to be shot during rifle or muzzle loader season, what would making it bow only do for population numbers? 4 years ago you were for making it antler restrictions. The lack of antlers isn't due to deer being killed either. It's all habitat related.

28-Feb-18
not enough primitive weapon hunters. most muzzleloaders are inline. Most bowhunters use a compound or crossbow. More money to be made elsewhere

02-Mar-18
i dont buy it!!!!! how did cranberry get that way? or dolly sods or otter creek have someone you know from out of state call dnr and ask for place to hunt trophy deer. answer will be dolly sods , otter creek or if you can get in the 4 bow hunting countys! lots of luck , is everything money ? yes i guess it is ,it cost me more to bow hunt only !

03-Mar-18
I wouldn't hunt trophy deer in Dolly Sods. I never see many deer there. I agree it's habitat related. I just can't see our DNR making any more areas bow only. and I sure wouldn't hunt trophy deer anywhere in this state om public land. Biwhunting only or not. jMO

• Sitka Gear