Rutbuster 01-Mar-18
hookman 01-Mar-18
Babysaph 01-Mar-18
JB 02-Mar-18
Ridge runner 03-Mar-18
hookman 04-Mar-18
Babysaph 06-Mar-18
26-Feb-18
No comment on the stoppage but glad to see the governor calls himself and other dumb bunnies! Maybe I could help him with his vocab! LOL

26-Feb-18
I think they should get paid more. I think policeman should get paid more. And the insurance is a big deal. I don't know all the ins and outs of it. Just don't know where the money is coming for. How about we increase the hunting and fishing licenses and give it to the teachers?

26-Feb-18
I think they should get paid more. I think policeman should get paid more. And the insurance is a big deal. I don't know all the ins and outs of it. Just don't know where the money is coming for. How about we increase the hunting and fishing licenses and give it to the teachers?

26-Feb-18
I thought if schools were closed that no sports could be played by the schools. Are the bus drivers taking the kids to the games?

26-Feb-18
The bus drivers in most counties have agreed to transport students to after school sporting events.

27-Feb-18
What ever happened to proceeds from the lottery going to help education. Back when they advertise that tickets were $1 Now their $2 (powerball) millions dollars a week just wondering.

27-Feb-18
Government fiscal policy is what happens to that money

27-Feb-18
Back to school Thursday so I guess they got what they wanted.

27-Feb-18
I can see both sides. I think you have to look at history for the reasons why this is happening.

Years ago, the unions gained control of the state house and legislature. Naturally, they began putting in place laws that benefited them. As this state was "owned" primarily by absentee coal and timber companies, these laws placed strict excise, b&O, and severance taxes on these companies. In other words, it helped put money into the state that ordinarily would be going to the owners in other states.

But this was a double-edged sword. When the coal and timber businesses were booming, more money flowed in. Then when they ebbed, the money stopped coming. The problem occurred when new companies wanted a place to put down roots. The state never changed it methodology, so new businesses simply refused to come here. Why come here and pay all those taxes and deal with unions when you could go to a neighboring state, put your roots down there, and make more money without the headache?

Of course, the teachers got into the union business also. However, the problem for them is they are dependent on state funds. If no new businesses come in, or the ones that are here flee the state for the more lucrative neighboring states, the teachers really can't expect to be better than 48th or 50th because there won't be money to pay them.

I hate to even mention the fact that WV has lost population to the point where after the next census in 2020 we will likely lose a Congressional seat.

The Republican controlled legislature is really in a pickle. They can't really give more money or benefits to the teachers without getting more revenue or robbing Peter to pay Paul - something will have to give.

27-Feb-18
Tax the bowhunters

28-Feb-18
The only real solution is to tax Dentists at a 50% of income rate. Everyone knows that dentists have too much money and like to stick needles in people and drill their teeth which shows they have a mean streak in them. I think the majority of people could get behind that :^)

28-Feb-18
Tax the IRS. They take a bunch of our money and they don't pay taxes on it. lol

28-Feb-18
I like Gobbler's idea. I loved M.P.'s

28-Feb-18
LOL. gobbler. I already get taxed like that

01-Mar-18
How do the kids eat when there is no school? That is sad.

01-Mar-18
Wow that is really sad. How are all these parents getting addicted?

01-Mar-18
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree in most cases.

01-Mar-18
We might have some money if everyone would pay their taxes. We all know who I'm talking about.

01-Mar-18
He doesn't have to pay his. Most of the people in the state agreed or he wouldn't have been elected.

02-Mar-18
I was amazed that his well long established habit of not paying his bills wasn't a bigger topic of conversation during the election.

03-Mar-18
18,900 classroom teachers. 5,100 administrators and principals. Do the division and that’s 1 administrator for every 3.7 teachers. That’s were you find the money. We have more people working at/for the state department than New York State.

04-Mar-18
Ditto JB.

06-Mar-18
back to work it looks like

• Sitka Gear