Contributors to this thread:
Jdawg 26-Feb-18
kent 26-Apr-18
26-Feb-18

Jdawg's embedded Photo
One of a number of deer I’ve picked up on cams
Jdawg's embedded Photo
One of a number of deer I’ve picked up on cams
I’ve been spending a couple months a year down in Destin area for several years now. Been running some trail cams on the Point Washington WMA just to keep myself out in the woods when we’re here. Have decided to just get with it and hunt next year so have been scouting a lot. The cover, plants, shrubs, etc is so alien in this coastal scrub area here to say the least. Could use some help as to what preferred foods are. There’s several varieties of oak in here but small, very few large trees (Live Oak, Turkey Oak?) and not sure if the small trees actually produce. There is of low level, light green colored stuff that’s very aromatic (?). Where do these deer bed. There’s a multitude of what I would call “mottes” of a tree/shrub called “Titi”. It seemed they call it “Tie-Tie” which is difficult to penetrate, some of them quite wet (snakes ?) and deep, soft spongy with pine duff...am wondering if deer bed in this stuff or otherwise use this cover to avoid hunting pressure. Any help from a Florida guy would be appreciated. Thanks.

26-Apr-18
Hello Jdawg, I am soon to relocate to the area. Actually looking at Southport area near the airport. My company is setting up another facility there. I am from CT. Can't wait to get some time in the woods down there. The realtor we are working with is a big time outdoorsman so he has got me all worked up. Please feel free to send me a privet message--Thanks Kent

• Sitka Gear