skipmaster1 21-Apr-18
tompolaris 22-Apr-18
Shawn 22-Apr-18
Petcontain 22-Apr-18
Arrowone 22-Apr-18
8point 18-May-18
HDBOW 23-Aug-18
28-Feb-18
Just heard Dick's is going to refuse to sell fire arms to anyone under 21 regardless of what federal law says. Isn't that against the law? Someone should take them to court.

28-Feb-18
What I read this morning was that they were going to stop selling AR 15s and similar weapons and stop selling to those under 21 https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/dick’s-major-gun-retailer-will-stop-selling-assault-style-rifles/ar-BBJH5w6?ocid=spartanntp

28-Feb-18
I thought they stopped selling AR's after Sandy Hook

28-Feb-18
A retailer can refuse service to anyone at their discretion. No law against them setting their own policy. Shawn

28-Feb-18
I agree Shawn...... just like I agree that the NFL players have the right to protest however they see fit.

But as a third generation war time veteran (all volunteers) I have the right not to watch the NFL...... and also not to shop at Dicks or Field and Stream. I'm done with them.

It was also just announced that Pizza Hut is the official pizza sponsor of the NFL after Papa John's declined to renew their contract with the NFL. Papa John's said their decision was based on lost revenue due to us patriots that boycotted the whine asses last season.

Guess which pizza company this vet is going to boycott?

28-Feb-18
I stopped shopping there soon after Sandy Hook. And now, I'll never spend a penny there. And we spend a few every year on camping, hunting and fishing. It's what we do, only not at Dick's anymore. Ya gotta stand for something...

01-Mar-18
I seem to recall a few years back a pharmacy in New England refused to sell contraceptives and a fed judge said they couldn't refuse to sell. Different situation but since they are discriminating against a certain age group it should be able to be challenged I would think.

01-Mar-18
The last time I was in Dick's it looked as they where going out of business. They just don't have and item priced marked and no items in stock All was being done on internet.

01-Mar-18
I believe federal anti-discrimination laws state you can refuse service for no shirt, no shoes, etc.... but not for a "protected class" such as age, race, religion...etc.

05-Mar-18
Nope sorry folks a private company such as Dicks can set their own policy as long as it does not discriminate on race or color, age class does not matter. Shawn

08-Mar-18
They should rename the store to DICKLESS

18-Apr-18
Dicks has now stated they are going to destroy all the assault rifles that they took off their shelves. They are definitely trying to make a statement.

18-Apr-18
Sorry to say Shawn, but Dicks is not a private company. They have stock holders to answer to. I know because I am one.

19-Apr-18
The CEO is a moron, why would you upset your hunting customers. They lost my business, I'll wait the few days to get my order from Cabela's/Bass Pro

20-Apr-18
Now they are destroying all their “ so called assault weapons”. Can they get much stupider? https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/19/us/dicks-sporting-goods-guns-trnd/index.html

20-Apr-18
Ok, maybe not private but as such it can set its own policies. It can refuse to sell a gun to anyone it chooses not too without even giving a reason. Shawn

21-Apr-18
But you can not refuse to bake a cake for a gay couple, even if you give a reason ????

21-Apr-18
Does seem like a double standard but I guess we all should be used to it by now. Even though you have a Constitutional right to a gun but not a cake. Go figure !

21-Apr-18
I'd be curious to see how this ultimately shakes out. I believe a company can decide what they want to sell or not, but can't decide to sell an item and then discriminate against who they allow to buy it. So Dicks has every right to not sell guns but if they sell them I don't believe they can discriminate against legal aged buyers.

22-Apr-18
Our club has had a raffle for the last 10+ years with a total of $1,000 first 4 drawings for gift cards annually. This year it will be Cabelas cards along with my annual approx. $150-200 in fish and hunt items. KC consider selling your stocks, go Bass Pro

22-Apr-18
Greg, read the law, as I said they can refuse to sell a gun, any gun to anyone they want. They need no reason either! Shawn

22-Apr-18
Shawn you said " Dicks can set their own policy as long as it does not discriminate on race or color, age" ...........we will not sell guns to anyone under age 21???

Isn't this age discrimination?

22-Apr-18
Smart move by Dicks. My guess is a big percentage of their overall sales are youth sports and high school sports. This current generation of students has never gone to school without the idea of a school shooting taking place on any given day. A far cry from what we grew up with. This generation hates ARs and other mass killing guns. Dicks would rather alienate a few hunters than a generation of students.

18-May-18
Good news is that manufacturers are refusing to provide guns to "DICKS", emphasis on dicks.

23-Aug-18
I worked for the company for 6 years at the store in Great Northern mall....met some of my best friends there when I was 18. We've been in each others weddings and I'm the god father of one of there daughters. I remember when we would switch shifts around to give each other chances to go out and hunt and fish together. Far cry from that there now. So, having sold guns for years with them and then bass pro for the same amount of time, a FFL dealer can refuse right of purchase to anyone for any reason at any time. Remember, its the bureaucracy (ATF) that makes the laws, not congress. I'm 36 now and have kept in touch with those guys for close to 20 years, none of will shop there ever again. Crazy that the original store was a tackle shop that also sold hunting and camping stuff too. It's a shame.

• Sitka Gear