gobbler 04-Mar-18
WVBOWHUNTER 08-Mar-18
stickbow21 09-Mar-18
Jack Whitmrie jr 18-Mar-18
Jim Casto Jr 18-Mar-18
gobbler 20-Mar-18
Babysaph 20-Mar-18
02-Mar-18
I want to thank Cory Booth for all his hard work and dedication to getting Sunday Hunting a part of life for WV sportsmen and women. Way to go man. Thanks and God Bless

02-Mar-18
Indeed!

02-Mar-18
We had a major scare this evening. The WVCDL was having people call the Governor to veto the bill but I saw it and notified the Director. He immediately sent Assistant Director to Capitol to work with lawyers on language. Cory was working On this with Director and thru his connections. There were a couple of small issues that could have caused problems and was addressed. The WVCDL is ok with changes and have called off the call to action to call the Governor to veto the bill. It will be fixed and should be ok. Appears to have been a couple transcription errors which doesn’t sound like much but does make a difference once it’s written into WV code.

It would have been a disaster to lose the bill over a couple transcription errors!!

03-Mar-18
Wow. I checked that it had passed vote and just assumed there was no way the governor would veto it. Thank you both for your diligence and dedication.

03-Mar-18
Thanks to all that worked tirelessly !! Thanks Corey !!

03-Mar-18
Anyone that could take WV from a handful of counties with private land hunting and strategically plan on adding a few counties here and there and result in all 55 counties having Sunday hunting on private land last year and then use that momentum to get public land open for this year deserves a lot of thanks. I think it’s one of the most important coups for sportsmen and sportswomen of WV in decades.

We thank you Cory! Maybe we’ll get you a baseball cap or something

03-Mar-18
Thanks Corey. Now maybe you can straighten out the teachers strike??

03-Mar-18
Way to go Corey and thanks!

03-Mar-18
Yes thank you very much

04-Mar-18
I'm sure I have no idea how much effort went into the process that it took to pass this for your fellow hunters . So all I can do now is give you a big thanks Cory on a job well done and greatly appreciated by myself and so many others I'm sure.

04-Mar-18
You're welcome guys. Many, many people and organizations worked diligently to make this happen. I was only a small part of it. Special thanks goes out to National Shooting Sports Foundation and to director of state affairs Jake McGuigan for believing in me and the cause.

Its a win for the working man. Glad our kids have more opportunity.

04-Mar-18
Many thanks to everyone else behind the scenes that also worked so diligently.

04-Mar-18
Cory is being humble. Yes, he had a lot of help, but that help didn’t just suddenly appear. He had to seek it out. If it wasn’t for his idea, getting the right people , determination, and persistence I truly don’t think we would be at the point where we are. Cory, and his “team” got it done. Plus he got it done with no hidden agendas, backstabbing, lies, or trying to pull people down while climbing on top of them. It was done with hard work, truth,honesty, facts, integrity, and making the case to the people.

08-Mar-18
Thanks Corey and to all who has helped on this issue.

09-Mar-18
Well said gobbler.

18-Mar-18
First of all I want to thank Corey for his hard work , he didn't set on his hind end like me and others did. He GOT it DONE!!!!! Again thanks for your dedication Corey,

Now to address sportoutfitter - you should work for CNN because you just made it up to suit yourself . I said in my post : " Come to my county -Putnam - If someone single handily gets the signatures and gets it on the ballot I will buy them a new bow of their choice ." I know we didn't vote on it in my county.

18-Mar-18
Hey Jack, I fixed it for you.

"...you should work for NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC or CNN, because you just made it up to suit yourself ..."

:^)

20-Mar-18
When Cory was just getting started I thought I would try and get signatures in Monroe county to get it back on ballot . As most people know Monroe is pretty rural. I traveled all around the county and got permission from the owners to put petitions at stores , gas stations , etc. I put 12 out scattered throughout the county. I also had an ad taken out in the weekly paper. 2 weeks later I went around to pick them up. Out of the 12 I put out I could only find 2. The other 10 had mysteriously disappeared.

I guess some religious people feel strongly about not giving other people the ability to hunt their own property on a Sunday but feel theft is compatible with their religion

20-Mar-18
Some so called religious people do some strange things.

• Sitka Gear